• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Secure 22mm to 16mm tubing connection

Ichthyologist

A simple problem that eludes a solution; google and eBay don't show the answer and the shops are shut for new year.

I have in front of me a section of 22/16mm tube that I want to join to 16/12mm securely and if necessay for good. They are from diffrent manufacturers and have a very slack fit. I also have the following items staring at me, heat gun, 5 min epoxy, polymer sealant, tie wraps, craft knife, boiling water.

What old you use?

Trick question! I'd get a hose adaptor and do a proper job...

Failing that, I'd coat the outside of the smaller tube in sealant, heat the larger tube, and push a good inch or two of the smaller hose inside the larger one

Nylon Barbed Straight REDUCER Silicone Hose Connector Fuel Pipe Joiner Water | eBay

That is just what I need too! I have a 16mm lily pipe but 12mm Ehiem filter and at the moment I have used 16mm tubing from the lily pipe, slotted the 12mm tubing inside and then cable tied the overlap, twice. It holds but will be a pain when it comes to cleaning the lily pipe. I'll be buying one of the above!

Back