• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Scape critique

Danny

Bored so having a play with what I have laying around, supposed to be a relaxing day of nothing but bored as hell so fancied a play lol

Excuse the severe reflections I will post a better pic once it is dark,

DSCF6788.jpg

Cat litter and just some pieces of slate from a smashed up piece :thumbup:

Do you ask because it goes well or looks like shite lol

PS the slate looks much better wet, gets much darker :thumbup:

it's gonna lack some height with the hardscape when planted. The rocks on the left look a little 'wrong' if you get my drift...

ianho said:
it's gonna lack some height with the hardscape when planted. The rocks on the left look a little 'wrong' if you get my drift...

Not planning on many plants if I go wit this, just toying with the idea of this really :thumbup:

i'm thinking that the substrate needs banking a little more on the left and right. Probs need one of the larger rocks on the right as well.

Not sure how it will look planted but the rocks seem very distant. I would also add a little bit of slope from front to back to add depth plus I assume foreground plants wont block of the rocks as much.

Hi, I Like the setup but agree that the ones on the left look a little wrong, maybe try having the bigger middle one (second from the front) sticking forward and the back one vertical behind it for more height? I can't tell the scale but it lookings like you would need only carpetting plants or else you would cover the rocks on the right.

Also banking with cat litter doesn't last well in my tank as its so light the water movement flattens it quickly so you might need to have something in the substrate to hold the banks in place.

It's amazing how effective just shaping and contouring the substrate can be- this looks great!

Back