• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Scape corner

Just a couple of shots of the tank every thing seems to be ticking along nicely a lil yellowing or buce leaves not really sure why possible iron will add some sechams iron
15587998279846939616955346383672.jpg
15587998586524043247621424275061.jpg
15587999020221884762193262450668.jpg

So added some new duces I got from daveslaney and bobitis syphoned all the sand out and replaced cleaned the rocks moved a couple of bits around and had a good clean also the flux diffuser broke again that is the second one now in 10 weeks always seems to be after it's been in the bleach solution as
20190610_225216.jpg
20190610_225303.jpg
per instructions co2 art replaced the first one hopefully they will replace again but I don't hold out much hope has anyone else had this issue? So back to the neo for now

Looks in great shape, there’s buces all over in there looking super healthy.
Cheerio,

Well co2 art are going to replace the flux for the second time that has surprised me they also offered a full refund or to replace it with an in line diffuser but I already have one of those and don't really like the way your co2 has to be so high to achieve the 30ppm so going to take the replacement and see how it goes
Cheers for looking guys and your input is very much appreciated by this noob any suggestions are welcome
Thanks
Jay

So the scape corner is taking shape the second scape is filled after a dry start that I didn't really enjoy but with a lot of help and good advice from.steve at AG today its planted and filled now the work begins cant wait for it to grow in let me know what you think
20190617_214059.jpg

The two shapes look good together - you’ve used the same cabinets (I think)

the second scape is filled after a dry start that I didn't really enjoy
Do you have a journal on this one?
Even without any photos, I’m interested in it’s Story :)

when you look closely there not that healthy they arrived in a bit of a state to be honest I'm hoping a lil love and care they will bounce back
as long as the rhizome is firm, they should be fine (especially with CO2 and good flow etc)
Buces seem to melt for inexplicable reasons (though my extremely soft water may be a contributing factor)

:sorry: for the multiple posts
(IOS seem a reluctant cooperator after some forum upgrades)

The two shapes look good together - you’ve used the same cabinets (I think)
Yeah they are the same a stipulation from.the misses there the fluval Roma she liked them so it was a happy compromise
as long as the rhizome is firm, they should be fine (especially with CO2 and good flow etc)
Buces seem to melt for inexplicable reasons (though my extremely soft water may be a contributing facto
The rhizomes where ok on most there was a lot of buces so had to take the good with the bad there was alge and holes in the leaves on most but they seem.to be perking up nicely now new growth seems healthy just slow

Do you have a journal on this one?
Even without any photos, I’m interested in it’s Story :)
No I asked about the lazy dsm for it I wish I hadn't done a dry start or the lazy dry start the mc was in the tank when I brought it second hand again not in good shape very neglected full of alge and melt but I hate throwing anything away so I gave it a go for 5_6 weeks but got impatient on Sunday as it was going mouldy so flooded it and went to AG for plants today

The duces before they went in

They don't actually look that bad

Attachments

• 20190528_154526.jpg
    20190528_154526.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 120
The other half dont know it yet but I have plans for the 45p to go next to the 60p so they all go up in size shhh dont tell her

Ok so been a while since I post on this thread

The iwagumi has been a disaster ever since the dsm i wont be trying again I don't think. So Sunday it did me in as I sat looking at it thinking you wont defeat me but it already had as I had no love for it at all
The misses went to her mums leaving g me all alone for the day bad idea
The tank got it ripped it apart bleached washed dryed plants where ok so washed cleaned and set aside no soil £30 in pets at home for 6lt or 45min drive to warf aquatic for 9lt £33 pets at home it was Monday evening AG order placed managed to sneak in a pear of ADA pro pinsettes too result
Wednesday delivery arrived Wednesday night the new iwagumi is born

Plant list
Juncus reupens
Pogostemon erectus
Pogostemon helifera
Rotola rotundIfolia
Glossostigma Elatinoides
Cryptocoryne Pygmaea
Vallisneria Torta mini
Nano anubis
Ranuculus inundatus
Marsilea hirsuta
20190703_210906.jpg

Let's see how she goes any comments and thoughts welcome and a quick pic of the other scape corner tank needs a trim but seems to be just about balanced and takes care of its self now days though
15621868923245964147770901072827.jpg

Yeah it is mate I dont think il try it again I can see its advantages I can also its disadvantages I just think I've lost 8 weeks of transition time and growth but it is what it is

Back