• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Sayings

dan4x4

I love a good saying, old people are full of them. I don't know if they're regional but I thought I'd share some of my favourites in the hope that they never die..

Shinning like blahblahblahblah on a barn door - my gran used to say it all the time when i used to have a nice car and kept it clean and shiny

You cant polish a blahblahblahblah - haha

Teeth like a windy grave yard - haha

Happy as Larry - very happy

Gordon Bennett - if something surprising happens you just say gordon bennet haha like instead of jesus really.

Please share yours!

your sayings are ruined by the comedic filter on site lol.

When poop hits the fan.. :rolleyes:

I guess sayings are very regional, but i also like them very much.. Most of them contain ages of wisdom and in about every situation one can be used to close the door on the subject of discussion.. :) But using or translating very wise sayings from my country or region could sound very stupid and saying absolutely zip or just not sound like a saying in another language..

All tho some travel around and get picked up everywhere.. Like "The pot calling the kettle black"

In our country we say "Falling from the rain into the drip" Probably saying nothing to anybody of you but it means mean "Falling from bad to worse". :)

A man in a small boat has to sail close to the shore

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love a good saying, old people are full of them.
Are you call in me old?! :D

" Full many a flower is born to blush unseen & waste it's sweetness on the desert air" - Thomas Gray(on talent)

"The greatest gift is a portion of thyself" - Ralph Walden Emerson

"Your not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on" - Dean Martin

"We can believe what we choose. We are answerable for what we choose to believe" - Cardinal Newman

"The broad mass of a nation...will more easily fall victim to a big lie than to a small one" - Hitler (can't help thinking of brexit/Donald Trump when referencing this one...)

Back