• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Sat Feb 20th - trip to Living Waters + MA Morden (Surrey)

nelson said:
zig said:
That low growing moss a few pics back looks very interesting did anyone buy any of that, was that for sale?
not for sale....yet.

Wonder what it is I saw something similar recently on a asian website, must have been Aquaticquotient or one of the blogs, they were trying to identify it, probably not the same moss mind you, interesting little moss, it would be great for aquascaping.

zig said:
That low growing moss a few pics back looks very interesting did anyone buy any of that, was that for sale?
Darren did say I was first in the list to get that one, so watch this space hehe ;) lets hope sooner rather than later hehe

Hi all

Great pics. Well done Matt.
It was great to meet people with the same interests, and a great way to learn new stuff.
BTW guys, I am well pleased with the quality of LondonDragon's shrimp :D so big thanks to LD :thumbup:

LondonDragon said:
zig said:
Darren did say I was first in the list to get that one, so watch this space hehe ;) lets hope sooner rather than later hehe

Im going to be a ninja and nab it before you do muhahaha :D opps typing out loud again.. dammit..

zig said:

There was also a second moss in the same tank with tiny fronds.
They came in as 'hitchhikers' and both were unknown mosses.

Themuleous said:
Worth a special trip though me thinks ;)
Sam
There are a few of us that visit on a monthly basis, so if you interested we can arrange something again ;)

Tonser said:
I'll try to get along next time :) Have any of you been to Heritage Aquatics in Wallington :
http://www.heritageaquatics.com/
They do very well in PFK reviews, but I've never been. Its only a couple of miles from Living Waters. Might be worth a visit next time.
Tony
Hi Tony, yes we have been to that one also, when we went down to check out James2000 Discus Tank, excellent marine section, I didn't find the plant section very good, just very basic plants and nothing of much interest to me. But it would be worth a visit on the next trip and see if there is an improvement. They did have plenty of interesting hardscape materials.

Ive never really had Heritage in my mind when I go visit the fish stores down that way. Possibly like LondonDragon I didnt feel it appealed to me for plants.

I usually just go straight to Living Waters as a monthly trip and now will pop to MA Morden if Planter is around to say hello.

Still cursing not comming down for this meet up :bored:

Have to try and organise something for over this direction, though the closest plant savy shops I can think of are Aquajardin and the like, down oxford/worcester way.

If only I had the money to set up a TGM franchise! :arghh:

Dont we all :)

Theres always going to be a next one.... all I have to say is... the next meet is going to be a BIG and EXCITING one :)

Back