• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Rummy Nose Tetra

SMW945

Hi. I have a small number of RN tetras in my aquarium. I introduced some new fish today and all seems calm and all happy. The only noticeable change is the noses of the RNT have visibly gone very very red - vibrant - which I haven’t seen before. I’m assuming this is just a reaction to the new fish and they feel threatened in some way? I just think they’re over-reacting 😂. The fish introduced were 1 bristlenose and 3 Siamese algae eaters. I’ve not noticed this happen with new fish before. I’m not complaining. They look stunning.

Hello - do you have a picture you can provide?

I’m assuming this is just a reaction to the new fish and they feel threatened in some way?
... or they are just happy to have new friends.... 😉 I am very happy with my Rummy-nose tetras - I've had a school for several years. They never seem to bother about other fish in the tank - but of course the newly introduced bottom dwellers might have spooked them a bit if you didn't have any before, but they will get used to them - no need to worry as long as the fish look and behave in a healthy manner.

Cheers,
Michael

Back