• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Rotting Anubias

Cheltster

Hey guys, had a bit of a shock earlier when doing some maintenance. Checked on a small anubia in my 20l bowl. I've never had these plants before as there is no hard scape in my tank. The guy in the shop said just throw it in with the lead weight they had on it. So I did. Went to move it today and it fell to bits. I opened the weight up, which also had some foam or filter floss in there and the rhizome was brown and mushy.

In an effort to save it I cut off the mank and threw the three leaves, and hardly any rhizome, into my emersed propagator.

In your opinion, is there any way to save it, or shall I chalk it up to experience?

Thanks

Cheltster,

The guy in the shop said just throw it in with the lead weight they had on it.

Lead in a tank A MASSIVE NONO
Remove the lead and let it float in the tank or buy a small breeder box and leave it in that.

Most important find another LFS that will help you.

Keith:wave::wave:

I doubt it's real lead, it's probably safe. It just caused the rhizome to rot, but thanks for the advice guys.

Back