• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Ro filter not used in 2 months

H'''C

hi guys, so i havent used my ro filter in around 2 months, im just wondering if i should change the membrane etc or if its still good to be used.

thanks

If the membrane has dried out then it may need to be replaced, you can verify this by testing the rejection rate to see if it is up to specification. The other big concern is if the system had any moisture when stored then there may be mold that needs to be flushed out, usually just in the lines, housings, and prefilters, not the membrane. You should be able to see any discoloration or growth, or maybe smell an odor, to verify this and then find instructions in your manual or online to sanitize or disinfect the system.

hi guys, so i havent used my ro filter in around 2 months, im just wondering if i should change the membrane etc or if its still good to be used.

thanks

Just give the membrane a good flushing for 15- 20 minutes, and try the system to see if it works and the TDS of your product water is sufficiently low. Two months isn't long, and if the unit has remained sealed, it's unlikely to have dried out.

ok thanks guys, however the tubes were not sealed off, il flush it and test the tds, my main concern was a build of bacteria etc

ok thanks guys, however the tubes were not sealed off, il flush it and test the tds, my main concern was a build of bacteria etc
I’d be more worried that the membrane has dried out. You should leave the unit completely shut off when not in use to ensure the membrane stays moist.

Yes that sounds good. What is your tap TDS? If it is 240 or higher then you are getting 95% or higher rejection which means the membrane is fine.

Back