• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

River Slope

Hi Luis

Looking good my man.
Sorry to hear of your loss :( . It's a fine line we walk sometimes.
LondonDragon said:
I have gone low tech Luis since you last saw the tank, does not look as good, but its a lot less work and the fish I am sure are happier and not gasping for air
Who'd have thought it, LD going low tech. Never thought I'd see the day :D
Whatever next :lol:

CeeJay said:
Who'd have thought it, LD going low tech. Never thought I'd see the day :D
Whatever next :lol:
LOL well low tech as in I left the tanks be and just turned down the light and CO2, done nothing with them over the last few months, what did you do with your grass? :p

Haven't updated the journal in a while. :)

The plants are doing good, got a bit of BBA, but purchased two SAE's to keep in check.

The BBA is only on three areas of the wood. One is a high flow area, the other is at the back. Not in the plants, which is good, but still ... :(

A video is here, as you see there is more emphasis on emersed area. :D

Piece-of-fish said:
:lol: Did the decision come after yesterday?

You bet! :D

why aquascape a nano when I can aquascape the 120L? :)

Also, I managed to lend my two favorite plants to my brothers, the anubia and java fern, both on wood, so all the rest can go. :clap:

Only keeping the crypt blassii, they are just too pretty to get rid off.

Will need your advice to scape it.. :D

A fantastic setup Luis. Really inspirational use of emersed and submersed sections.

Good luck with the next scape. Keep on moving up :thumbup:

Thanks Matt,

Now the challenge is re home the emersed plants. :)

Most will go into the garden, except the anubias. The anubias will try to make them house plants. :)

The new scape will be a boring iwagumi, with some round rocks. :D

Luis....your doing an iwagumi!!! No doubt yourll do a great job I just never thought I'd see you an iwagumi, too little plant mass and I know you love your fish a lot, will they be stayin? I could imagine your gang of corys destroying tha hc\glosso as soon as its planted!

Good luck bro

:) I think that after seeing George's Iwagumi it has put the theme into another perspective. :D

My gang of cory's will play with hairgrass, I will not attempt to put glosso with them. :) Tried before and it failed, they uprooted it and broke it to pieces.

Still thinking about how I am going to use the manzanita wood, need to work around that. Maybe leave it out completely, just some rocks and a large lawn with some hills.

I will need also to decide between the tetras or the cardinals, both would look odd on a iwagumi.

A hairgrass iwagumi would look amazing mate, and I remeber those huge pieces of seiryu stone you had. I don't think the manzi will go in at all, stick it in the garden shed, decent bit of wood to go back to when you want to change things up after the gumii.

Looking forward to it :D

Yes, that completely makes sense, the manzanita will go into the garden, doing a moss garden, on a tank that is 50cm x 30cm by 15cm tall.

Will put the seiryu stone to good use, the ones I purchased at TGM about a year ago. :)

Luis, where did you get that tank from? How much would a 60x20x18 be do you know?

Luis is that one of the acrylic tanks you was selling not long ago?

I'd be interested also for future reference.

Thanks

Some pics of River Slope last days. The large majority of plants out, the carpet, the emmersed plants, the mosses and the floating island. Most have been redeployed on the house, and the stems are in the garden, waiting for summer time. :)
5430461725_3124a889a5.jpg

5430470999_5f333b1ce4.jpg

The proposed new layout is to be very similar to the 1st pic, but with a carpet on the empty side. Alternatively I will place the fern and wood on the garden and do a scape just with carpet and manzy wood.

Back