• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Rise (ADA 90p)

Thanks everyone. Appreciate it.

PS: It was pointed out that the tank is slightly tilted to the right. It is starting to worry me...Given the tank is filled/full, how can I shim it? I know it might be a stupid question. Any vibrations by trying to jam a piece of wood (and hammering it with a mallet) underneath the stand will transfer vibrations up to the tank and potentially damage it more?

1690250945906-png.jpg

PS: It was pointed out that the tank is slightly tilted to the right. It is starting to worry me...Given the tank is filled/full, how can I shim it? I know it might be a stupid question. Any vibrations by trying to jam a piece of wood (and hammering it with a mallet) underneath the stand will transfer vibrations up to the tank and potentially damage it more?

View attachment 210390

Does the stand not have adjustable feet?

It looks like the difference is only a couple of millimetres - I'd use a large metal repair washer (or two glued together if one isn't enough). When the tank is half empty during a water change, just lift the stand slightly at the low end, and slide the a washer(s) under each foot.

Does the stand not have adjustable feet?

It looks like the difference is only a couple of millimetres - I'd use a large metal repair washer (or two glued together if one isn't enough). When the tank is half empty during a water change, just lift the stand slightly at the low end, and slide the a washer(s) under each foot.
It is adjustable...but I am unable to unscrew the bottom screw-type adjuster at this current weight. As you suggested, I will try it at my next water change. thanks!

View attachment 210390
My tank was basically like this for 5 years. It bothered me once in a while but got used to it eventually. I didn't have adjustable feet so I also didn't have much options.

It is adjustable...but I am unable to unscrew the bottom screw-type adjuster at this current weight.
Or you could screw the left side instead ;). You just need to do it when you do a large 80% WC to lower the weight.

Last edited:
Really like this scape, it has a really unique feel 🙌🏻
It is adjustable...but I am unable to unscrew the bottom screw-type adjuster at this current weight. As you suggested, I will try it at my next water change. thanks!
I water change and get my back under and lift while screwing the feet out a little if there is a slight discrepancy…when you screw the incorrect way and make it worse some swear words pop out and then you repeat but screw the feet the opposite way 😂

Really like this scape, it has a really unique feel 🙌🏻

I water change and get my back under and lift while screwing the feet out a little if there is a slight discrepancy…when you screw the incorrect way and make it worse some swear words pop out and then you repeat but screw the feet the opposite way 😂
Thanks, Ady. That’s high praise coming from you. Love your tanks. Your garden stand setups/the video by George farmer of your hallway tank were the inspiration for this style of nature setup.

Here is an update: I managed to lower the water level and stuck some old Starbucks gift cards under the stand's legs to help me turn the screw and raise the stand. I think I am much more confident/convinced that it is level.

I went on vacation to Japan at the end of September. I also had to throw in a lot of my buce from a farm tank into here to ensure that they don't rot out due to issues in that emersed setup. After 18 days without water changes, this is how the tank looked.

53250634617_474aa579f6_h.jpg

Did some cleaning up last night, here is how the tank looks today
53251809728_349aae6904_h.jpg

53252015150_49b3c87db8_h.jpg

53250630122_7b51c57a16_b.jpg

53250633047_b982428a77_h.jpg

53251875669_d107a33b36_h.jpg

53251806698_521650b1fc_h.jpg

Also it is insane and incredible how much the badis has grown over the last month. It is actually unreal. I can clearly see why they are also called blue badis:

53250634452_681e087613_h.jpg

53250631752_ef99449331_h.jpg
53251876439_96c15ead15_h.jpg
53252013190_58a4d577f0_h.jpg

PS: also moved to a new camera system after being a Nikon user for over 13 years. Loving the quality of the images.

Update: added some more Crossochilius langei (I really like these fish). It is annoying that they like to jump. Found one on the ground a couple days back. Was almost getting dry...but noticed the mouth move (must have sat on the ground for at least 10-15 min)...picked him up and trying to throw him back in...he jumped out of my hand and fell back on the ground (same height as the tank). Added him back in the tank...and a few damaged scales later, he seems to be acting normally.

Unfortunately, one of the overactive studs of the tank (male sawbwa) was found crisp on the ground too. These guys are always boisterous and chasing around each other and bugging the females...so it was a matter of time. It is really a shame that this hobby with rimless tanks comes at this price of potential fish that always want to jump for various reasons.

53308134966_029c95638e_h.jpg

53308135136_d1ae90e12c_h.jpg

B.Badis is territorial and once they’re in condition to spawn deaths will occur; I had most success with one male and 2 females in a 3ft tank. Yours doesn’t look like he’s quite ready to spawn yet; generally jet black when nesting/guarding. Though, I did see red/black and blue/black. Depends on the fish, but a lot more black..!

I had multiple sets, and the trait to chase and evict other males in the tank was prevalent across them all. I wonder now do species tanks bring out the worst in them? I kept a group with a dither in my “living room tank” and that didn’t last long. i miss that tank.

They’re brutal, adorable little fish. Yours looks lovely.

B.Badis is territorial and once they’re in condition to spawn deaths will occur; I had most success with one male and 2 females in a 3ft tank. Yours doesn’t look like he’s quite ready to spawn yet; generally jet black when nesting/guarding. Though, I did see red/black and blue/black. Depends on the fish, but a lot more black..!

I had multiple sets, and the trait to chase and evict other males in the tank was prevalent across them all. I wonder now do species tanks bring out the worst in them? I kept a group with a dither in my “living room tank” and that didn’t last long. i miss that tank.

They’re brutal, adorable little fish. Yours looks lovely.
Thanks! Yea! I saw that a lot of pictures show them as black. The interesting thing was that in ADA's tanks in Japan, they have lots of badis (bigger tanks) and I have never seen them in the full mating colours. However, they were clearly breeding since there were multiple generations in the same tank. Although most of these were big tanks bigger than 150 or 180 cm.
I would love to get females as well...but for now it is only this one guy in my 90cm tank. He seems to be co-existing peacefully with the others.

Back