• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

riparium planter medium

Hi Mark,
Maybe not 100% what you are asking for but do you know the Epiweb and Hygrolon product lines? They can act both as a growth medium and a growth container. And you can even grow moss or other plants on the outside of the containers. Hygrolon should be able to work as wick and suck up water over 30 centimeters over water level to irrigate moss or other plants at that height which gives some more options than a traditional material.

Their webpage:
Epiweb

I have purchased some for my new big tank as I want to divide the tank in two sections with some overgrown walls between the sections. I have made some experiments with HC and moss they grow just fine in the medium:

The thin fabric is Hygrolon
71ll.jpg

And here is some Epiweb (it sinks on its own) with some HC:
07bj.jpg

The roots go all the way through the block.

It is of course more pricey than the other options but I found it worth the stretch with the added possibilities.

Cheers!

Thays interesting stuff ive never come across them before, off to look at there website :)

Back