• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Reputable discus breeder near liverpool/manchester?

Look on Ebay for Jays Discus. There is a guy in Kensington in Liverpool who advertises his Discus fish on there. I don't know of any other breeders in the Liverpool Manchester area but I know Oasis Aquarium in Salford usually have a pretty good selection. There is also Andy's Aquatics in Rock Ferry near Birkenhead.

Ring them before you go and ask what they have got.

Cheers,

Steve

cheers for that! one is monster-fish-keepers on ebay (not sure where abouts he is based yet) and the other ishttp://manchester-discus.co.uk/main/ who are based in eccles and bolton. aside from the odd ebay report i cannot vouch on how good the breeders are yet but both are willing to let me look at the stock first, and have both given me information about their water parameters ect and seem nice.

cheers, ill have a look into that. however i was reccomended a breeder by a friend - http://puncharddiscus.co.uk and i popped up on wednesday, all i can say is WOW!!!!!!! he must have over 1000 of the finest quality discus i have ever seen, he has 16 display tanks, even has breeding tanks on display with discus breeding! furthermore he took me to the back room where he had 30+ more tanks brimming with discus including wilds and a large variety! there not cheap but wow, defiantly worth the money!

i would defiantly check them out. apparently they stopped trading ten years ago so the owner steve could buy aquascope, now he has the business running smooth, in the last few years he has started to import wilds and started breeding again and has started punchard discus back up again. he was kind enough to show me round his stockroom to see all the fry and his prize winning discus!

The very first time I went up to see them he never had a shop he was doing from his house which he had converted into a fish house, it was weird walking through every room in the house with wall to wall tanks full of discus.

A few years later I remember he had bought a shop and moved everything to there but for some reason it went a bit downhill. Good to see he is back up and running now. I checked the website out, there are some stunning wild red varieties and you can see the quality.

Have you bought any yet? I am hoping to see some pictures of your set up and how you progress with the discus.

Cheers,

Steve

ps you are not ex 3 Para by any chance?

REDSTEVEO said:
The very first time I went up to see them he never had a shop he was doing from his house which he had converted into a fish house, it was weird walking through every room in the house with wall to wall tanks full of discus.

A few years later I remember he had bought a shop and moved everything to there but for some reason it went a bit downhill. Good to see he is back up and running now. I checked the website out, there are some stunning wild red varieties and you can see the quality.

Have you bought any yet? I am hoping to see some pictures of your set up and how you progress with the discus.

Cheers,

Steve

ps you are not ex 3 Para by any chance?

Well hes up and running again, and it is definatly a sight to see!!

Theres a thread knocking around somewhere with my setup on, but im a bit hesitant to get the fish yet as it will be a fully planted high tech discus setup. And im aware that its not going to be easy so im still researching as much as possible! Hoping to get the fish between christmas and new year.

Back