• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Replacing a EA 120 Tank

Onoma1

My Evolution Aqua 120 cracked last night dumping the 300 odd litres of water onto my 2 day old engineered wood floor.

Luckily the fish were in a holding bucket.

I need to replace the tank with a new budget friendly version.

I would go for an Aquariums for Life tank, however, the price is a bit too much for me atm. Could anyone suggest a 'budget friendly' tank 120 Aquarium (120x60x45)?

My Evolution Aqua 120 cracked last night dumping the 300 odd litres of water onto my 2 day old engineered wood floor.

Luckily the fish were in a holding bucket.

I need to replace the tank with a new budget friendly version.

I would go for an Aquariums for Life tank, however, the price is a bit too much for me atm. Could anyone suggest a 'budget friendly' tank 120 Aquarium (120x60x45)?
Hi all,

Sorry to hear that.

It's not the size of your choice, but it's definitely a good price... It's available every some time.

Or...

If you also need to replace the cabinet.

Good luck.

Possibly...I spent some time with a spirit level and days on the scape...then splosh 300 litres of water flooding out...

When you say cracked did the silicone give way? Or did the glass literally crack and then fail?

If the glass cracked it suggests a hairline crack was there without you realising, whereas failure at the seams suggest something else - not being level for a short amount of time won’t be the cause - if that’s what did it it would be a manufacturing fault.

It sounds like you were rescaping, did you knock the glass with a rock at all?

Did the tank live in front of a sunny window for years? (I suspect sun slowly weakens silicone)

Either way, 300l on the floor is no joke and I’m sorry you experienced that. ADA120p would get my vote, or for about £600 aqua Marin planta 1200 - but their silicone is meh 👍

OK to add insult to injury my 'Paludarium' started weeping (not literally) but through the silicone. A very, very helpful company offered to resilicone it. On the way out of the house it was knocked, the glass chipped and had to be dismantled. If anyone would like some optiwhite 12mm panels please let me know...I now have lots. The Lominie Aquarium Light on this also packed up. Oh the cabinet from my ex 120 is now blown at the back.
I think I am being told something....

But I will recover...

Aquariums4life saved the day and are delivering a 120cm x 60 wide by 50 high tomorrow. Optiwhite. Christmas came early!

lol, no idea how you managed that 👍

Aquariums4life saved the day and are delivering a 120cm x 60 wide by 50 high tomorrow. Optiwhite. Christmas came early!
How have you managed that?! They normally have quite hefty lead times.

You won’t be disappointed, they make great tanks.

Back