• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

DIY Project Replaced the Juwel Plastic Brace

glenn said:
will it still be possilbe to do with the curvy brace as it seems weak as it is, and the plastic is thin on the underside?
Looks possible if you cut it just after the slope and where it then gets flat, but would still be a lot of the old one left, but at least you wouln't get the shadow in the middle of the tank.

prehaps if i cut to the start of the circle you see on the brace in the picture, that would leave enough flat to atach the acrylic?

chilled84 said:
the only problem mate is that mine does not have anywhere to screw attach like that. :(
In that case use glass instead and silicone it straight to the glass sides.

LondonDragon said:
chilled84 said:
the only problem mate is that mine does not have anywhere to screw attach like that. :(
In that case use glass instead and silicone it straight to the glass sides.

Would that work, I have been told to do that before, Im so paranoid it would give stuck with silicone, Even thou the tank is make of it.

chilled84 said:
Would that work, I have been told to do that before, Im so paranoid it would give stuck with silicone, Even thou the tank is make of it.
Got to a glassier and get a brace that is 8 or 10mm and about 7cm/3 inches wide, just silicone it under the plastic brace into the glass, it will be fine ;) if the silicone gave then we would all be in trouble ;)

LondonDragon said:
chilled84 said:
Got to a glassier and get a brace that is 8 or 10mm and about 7cm/3 inches wide, just silicone it under the plastic brace into the glass, it will be fine ;) if the silicone gave then we would all be in trouble ;)

VERY TRUE!

Has anyone actually heard of a Juwel tank breaking without these Brace's?
Mine (Rio 400) have been broken for about 6 years!! I was told, when trying to obtain replacements that they were not really needed, only as a precaution to dropping light units in tank?
Worried now :woot: That's how many inches on Living room floor?

Regards Steve...

Back