• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Reinforced PVC Hose

I bought some 3/4” bore reinforced hose for another job and was quite surprised how supple it is. It bends nicely but doesn’t seem any more susceptible to kinks than standard aquarium hose. I’m thinking I may get some next time I replumb one of my filters. Anyone on here tried it?

Pretty common here in the US for reef/marine tanks as well as larger tanks running a sump.

I use 1” ID / 1 3/8” OD braided vinyl (PVC) hose to connect my FX6 and FX4 canister filters to the UV, CO2 reactor and heater on my 5’ tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apologies for jumping in on this thread, but what inline heater & CO2 reactor are you using to fit?

Apologies for jumping in on this thread, but what inline heater & CO2 reactor are you using to fit?

I made my own. I'm running these things on a 5' tank, with a Fluval FX6 and FX4 for filtration, so, they are likely bigger than what you'll want. I had to use 1" barbed fittings and appropriate plumbing to make them work. However, it's relatively easy to scale them down to fit 12mm / 1/2" or other sizes of hose. The reactor I built was a standard Cerges-style using a water filter canister.

Here's a good thread that I used as the basis for mine. I used different heater and probe, but the same principles.

Back