• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Reignited an old obsession 😊

Bigsilky

Hello all,

New here, kept a planted community aquarium years ago, low tech. Moved into saltwater and gave that a good go and then had to tear my system
Down due to life circumstances. 12 years later and I suddenly get the urge to get back into planted tanks, but go more “high tech” I guess, Co2, led lighting, etc.

I stumbled upon Aquarium Gardens and to my amazement they are situated 15 mins from my house! From that point on I knew I wanted to emulate those beautiful planted aquariums even if on a smaller scale.

Trying to do it all on a budget is tough, and I spent a small fortune but my set up so far is
Super fish scaper 60ltr + stand (removed the rest of the kit)
EHEIM pro 4 250thermo
Strideways dual stage co2 regulator
Co2 art inline diffuser
Twinstar 450s v4 lighting
EHEIM skim 350 surface skimmer
Smart power bar for in app timers
Substrate - ADA powersand
Tropica aqua soil
Aqua soil powder

Only set it up on Saturday, substrate, hard scape, and fully planted… I was pooped after that! Now the cycle begins but everything is responding well so far. Looking forward to getting things trimmed and looking neater once it all grows in.

Cheers all.

Attachments

• IMG_3027.jpeg
    IMG_3027.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 123
  • 5A6C7D3C-12A5-442F-82C8-6C08D1CB2DC5.jpeg
    5A6C7D3C-12A5-442F-82C8-6C08D1CB2DC5.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 66
  • 681088F0-AFBE-4EC1-874E-F742F02E4917.jpeg
    681088F0-AFBE-4EC1-874E-F742F02E4917.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 68
Looking great , I envy all who live near AG and HA stores, or maybe it's better I live away,I'd probably go broke!!
Aquarium Gardens is such an amazing place, everyone is super friendly and helpful. Nothing but the best advice and support. Stock is insane for plants and hardscape. A real gem. They will be sick of me soon for sure 💪😂😂😂

Day 2 and I’m really impressed already 🥰

Could someone ask Aquarium Garden to open a store in Minnesota :lol: ... those plants are awesome!

I am actually traveling to London in two months and would love to visit AG... unfortunately in England you are driving at the wrong side of the road, so for me to make the 2 hour or so trek up to Wyton is a total nonstarter unless I get someone to drive me. 🙁

Cheers,
Michael

Last edited:
Could someone ask Aquarium Garden to open a store in Minnesota :lol: ... those plants are awesome!

I am actually traveling to London in two months and would love to visit AG... unfortunately in England you are driving at the wrong side of the road, so for me to make the 2 hour or so trek up to Wyton is a total nonstarter unless I get someone to drive me. 🙁

Cheers,
Michael
Hey Michael,
You can easily get a train from London King’s Cross to Huntingdon train station and then a taxi or Uber to AG. It’s about a 10 min drive from the station. The train is an hour from London to Huntingdon.

Well worth a visit if only to see the scapes and meet the team.

Cheers

Hey Michael,
You can easily get a train from London King’s Cross to Huntingdon train station and then a taxi or Uber to AG. It’s about a 10 min drive from the station. The train is an hour from London to Huntingdon.

Well worth a visit if only to see the scapes and meet the team.

Cheers

@Bigsilky Thank you so much!

If you find the time to take the trip up to AG @MichaelJ let me know 🙂

Will do Tim! 🙂

Cheers,
Michael

Back