• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Recommended filter, good flow on 54L?

mibe661

Hi,
im currently using a eheim classic 250 with inline diffusor. But I get the feeling that the flow isn't adequate.. Still im using a powerhead for that little extra.

Wich filter would you recommend (and filtermedia)?..

On My 2ft tank, I used classic 250 and felt the same, and with the short rain bar supplied is another factor for poor flow, result, algae at dead spots. I used pro 3 for a month and everything sorted out. Its nice to see the plants swaying gently. I reduced the flow at the valve and custom made a full length rain bar. All issues solved...

Sent from my HUAWEI GRA-UL00 using Tapatalk

I have replaced also my Clasic 250 for the 70L cube with Tetratex 800 ex just couple days ago and so far really happy with the flow and how quite it is. I was thinking about the JBL e901 also but it was to bulky and from reference the plastic was not so good like the tetratec but in overall you should be happy and with the good quality filter medium like Siporax it will be perfect. Good luck :)

Odoslané z môjho iPad cez Tapatalk

Regarding your filter media, it's altogether another big discussion...I am using eheim, bio home plus and matrix without any issues, my tanks all are way too understocked and over filtered so you may have to spend some time to go through the discussions on media.

Sent from my HUAWEI GRA-UL00 using Tapatalk

Back