• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Recommend me a plant/plants

Broomy

Just did a bit or re-arranging of my plants in the tank as the plants I had along the back just weren't reaching the height I wanted. I've got a low tech 2' x 1.2' x 1' with 1 x T8 15w & daily dosing with easycarbo & apf dry ferts.

Can anyone recommend me some tall plants that are easy to grow with what I have & will grow in gravel ?

Sessiflora? Hygrophila siamese? I know they're safe bets since they're in my tank!

Cryptocoryne Balansae, or Apongeton bulbs do well in my low tech. I have them planted in sand but I see now reason why they wouldn't work in gravel. Maybe some Vallis?

Andy

Got some vallis in there at the minute but it's not thriving unfortunately, it's basically just exactly the same as when I put it in months ago. Cheers for the suggestions :)

My giant vallis had started to yellow slightly recently and not grow as well as before. I stuck a couple of root tabs at the base of each plant and now it is growing great guns. My plants seemed to put out a lot of roots before it settled and put out new leaves.

Andy

I'm ordering up 10kg of dragon rock so thinking of stripping out the tank & doing a complete rescape once it arrives so might lay down a layer of aqua soil below my gravel & see how my plants fair with that approach.

Back