• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Rainwater

Good point, maybe I don’t need to as tap water is as soft as it gets, I was swayed by reports of healthier fish and a vague notion of natural is better but maybe its just not needed.
Don’t bother, your tap is probably better than my rain water up there in Scotland lol. Your water is perfectly suited to South American species. Only reason my fish are happier and healthier than they were previously is they’re not suited to my hard tap.

What I’d give to have your tap water!

Good point, maybe I don’t need to as tap water is as soft as it gets, I was swayed by reports of healthier fish and a vague notion of natural is better but maybe its just not needed.

I'd love to have soft water and only use rainwater because like Conort2 our tap water is extremely hard. It would be amazing for live bearers and the like but I prefer softer water lovers. If your tap water is soft then you are living the dream for a tetra or south american fish enthusiast. I'd love to just use tap water as it would be far less hassle and I wouldn't have such a headache in a drought.
Don't let that put you off rainwater as it's a good way of saving water if you don't have any other use for it. The fish also perk up alot when I add it because of the free food lurking in the butts.

Thanks Guys, think I just need to try it at water change time and see if tgey like it 😀

Back