• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Radion fresh water

I was mixing up Ian M with Ian Sutherland. I haven't read up yet, if I had spent my Friday night reading about light my girlfriend would not be amused ;) I'll be sure to do some research over the next few days though.

Ok I'm starting to see the bog wood getting green patches :(
Shall I drop the light to 50%
Will this stop the bog wood going green

Hi mate,

As I can see your pictures, your tank is not enough mature to handle so much light !! reduce it.
Also you could add some fast growing plants to speed up a bit the whole process. try some hygrophilia they are cheap and fast growers.
but you really need to let your tank mature before nuking it with that much light. You never know how much time it gets to be mature. My last scape it took 4 months as a started from scratch (new sand, new filter etc...)

hope it will work for you mate cheers

Plenty of people, both experienced and less experienced like myself advised caution and small steps to build up gradually. One person said blast it with 100%. You went with the one person, you got algae. I would read back through the advice of others and make a balanced decision based on advice of the majority.

I under stand what your saying. led are not as bright as metal halide, I'm hearing that if I have led I need run it full power.
Now I no not to ;)
I have gained growth in my plants. My grass is staring carpeting, my knot weed has grown 4inch

So now I'll have to run it at 40% will the green die or will I have to spray it with hydrgen peroxide?

Just to be clear, I said I ran mine at 100% and advised other shouldn't unless they are 100% sure that fert co2 etc are spot on.

Any advise of "all LEDs aren't as bright" should be disregarded. They aren't born equal, I'm yet to get my futura over 40% power long term... It's like looking at the sun!

Unfortunately green algae on hardscape is a consequence of bright light and generally you have to accept it and that cleaning the hardscape is part of your maintenance weekly... Or use less power :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't mind the wood turning green. I just don't want it growing on my plants and glass

My clean up crew

Otocinclus Catfish - got
Snail:
Malaysia trumpet snail
Assassin snail - got
Nerite Snail - got
Red Rams horn snail
Shrimps:
Cherry shrimp - got
Amono shrimp

What else is worth adding to this list

Back