• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Pump choices

krazypara3165 said:
ironically ive just found a 500lph pc water cooling pump that i used to run in a high powered P.C. just had a quick re wire and a test and at around 1m high it ran at 100lph. going to test again and if it works, ill use it until january, and consider getting a better one then.

100lph would drive me bonkers (before Whitney pipes up, MORE BONKERS !, lol)

krazypara3165 said:
haha well im still testing it, but if it does end up like that, i'd be happy as i can turn it on and do some chores for an hour whilst it fills. it also means it wont blast my substrate everywhere and will have less chance of spooking my discus.

Aha :) Every cloud has a silver lining then, sweet as :)

krazypara3165 said:
No idea why but after shifting the first 100l in an hour I couldnt get the 500lph pump to do it again. Foxfish, that link does not seem to work, but would that pump work in-line as the barrel only has a hole big enough for tubing to fit into.....

The link works for me but not it would not work inline mate it has to go into a bucket or whatever. Its a submersible pump.

So you are trying to place a length of pipe into the barrel through a small hole, then you want to connect a small pump that suck out the water!
If that is the case you will need a vacuum suction pump = good luck finding one!
You might be able to start a syphon from the barrel into a pump or you could use a barrel with a tap on the bottom that would gravity feed the the pump.
Certainly a lot easier to use an barrel with a decent sized hole!

Back