• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Problem with dosing pump lines clearing

JellieTG

I've got a DP-2, ever since I bought it I've had problems with the fert lines clearing. Making the pump useless. I've tried to use check valves at multiple different points. Same outcome.

Anyone who's had the same problem? If you solved it how did you do it?

The peristaltic head should always be pinching the tube, stopping fluids draining back. Have you tried different tubing, assume you have checked for leaks/cracks?

Do you have the pipe below water surface, if so, try fixing it above the surface

The peristaltic head should always be pinching the tube, stopping fluids draining back. Have you tried different tubing, assume you have checked for leaks/cracks?
I've just tried the air tuning I got lying around. Is there any specific one I should use?

I mean it's not dripping or leaking anywhere, so I guess no leaks?

I put check valves in the dosing containers, sitting in the solution, right where solution is sucked in. I use Viton check valves - chem resistant and less prone to leakage. You can put check valves on both ends, like also on the exit of your dosing tubes, and put dosing lines IN the water, if you like, to keep macro salts from clogging with residue at exit. Putting them on exit is a little "extra," in the container usually is enough. Also, those Jebao and clones are known for shipping with defective peristaltic heads. I've had bad heads on new units. Replacement heads can be had cheap and snap right on. Even with good heads these don't tend to hold perfect pressure esp if there is a height differential.

I put check valves in the dosing containers, sitting in the solution, right where solution is sucked in. I use Viton check valves - chem resistant and less prone to leakage. You can put check valves on both ends, like also on the exit of your dosing tubes, and put dosing lines IN the water, if you like, to keep macro salts from clogging with residue at exit. Putting them on exit is a little "extra," in the container usually is enough. Also, those Jebao and clones are known for shipping with defective peristaltic heads. I've had bad heads on new units. Replacement heads can be had cheap and snap right on. Even with good heads these don't tend to hold perfect pressure esp if there is a height differential.
Do you recommend to buy new heads and check valves? I couldn't find the viton ones, but found some that look similar.

If I put the lines in the water ime the fert solution gets replaced with water.

Hey @JellieTG , sorry for the delay, I was out of town when spotted your post, but I can show you whats working for me here on my display tank with a jebao clone. With all the fluid being uphill from my reservoirs, and assuming the valves are operating properly, there is no way fluid can drain back down into the fert solution, aside from a peristaltic head failure. You can see here the fluid stays full in the lines right out to their outlet. I used to run additional check valves right at the outlet but found it unnecessary / redundant. I ran out of viton valves and just use the cheap airline ones and blow through them on fert changes to see if they need replacing. If I had to recommend a purchase it would the valves, but there could be a perforation in one of your heads, so you could try that second given the additional cost.
2024-01-06 10.35.15.jpg

2024-01-06 10.35.44.jpg

2024-01-06 10.36.02.jpg

Back