• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Pro shrimp awful plants

James’

Hi,
Pretty new here. Setting up my first planted aquarium. Stupidly decided to purchase £150 worth of tropica plants from Pro-shrimp.co.uk.
To say I was annoyed when they turned up with yellow, brown. Black leafs (already had leafs taken off them) was an understatement. Contacted them by email straight away and been chasing them all week since for them to not answer or just put the phone straight down.

My question is how is best to save these plants?

Attachments

• image6.jpeg
    image6.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 93
  • IMG_1104.jpeg
    IMG_1104.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 77
Certainly, some nasty stuff was written about them on Trust Pilot.

@James’ - sorry to hear about your troubles. Hopefully some experts on here can suggest a path forward.

They are fine if you buying standard goods (i.e. shrimp food) but I had issues with plants from them many moons ago also! But still buy dry goods if the price is right.

My question is how is best to save these plants?
Not the best advert for pro shrimp.

Anyways.. if the roots of those echinodorus are intact (not brown and rotting)? Remove the worst yellowing/burnt leaves and plant them in the tank, if the roots are ok they should start to grow new healthy leaves.

Hopefully pro shrimp will redeem themselves and give you a full or partial refund.

For your next purchases…I have been really happy with Horizon Aquatics, Aquarium Gardens and Riverwood Aquatics. Three excellent companies. And of course Sidscapes from here / Etsy.

I used them few times when required plants were out of stock else where and I never had any poor experience with them. Now I’ll be a little concerned before putting an order..

I have had the odd crap pot from PShrimp but most of the time they are really good.
Give em a call, I am sure they will sort you out.
So annoying though.

Good luck

I’ve seen Pro-Shrimp’s plant set up and it’s perhaps not the best. The dry goods and equipment are usually very good and at reasonable prices though.

AG, uses ebb and flow hydroponics so plants continue to grow and stay very healthy. When it comes to planting, plants are in peak health with the best chance of transitioning, or surviving initial submergence.

Take photos of all the plants and if the majority are of similar poor quality demand a full refund or, if You want, replacements, in writing/email as well as by phone.
If they refuse contact your Credit Card or Payment provider and ask for a section 75 refund ( or similar with payment providers) as the goods are unfit for use.

Thanks guy using information/advice. Picture I’ve attached is the best plant of the lot! Some roots are brown but hoping they survive. Still chasing pro shrimp but not looking like they want to help in anyway!

Every supplier makes mistakes, what separates a good supplier from a bad one is how they deal with this.

Very disappointing attitude from Pro Shrimp.

Every supplier makes mistakes, what separates a good supplier from a bad one is how they deal with this.

Very disappointing attitude from Pro Shrimp.
Couldn’t agree more! hopefully their just extremely busy or short staffed and will come back back with a resolution

Quite surprised at this, I've bought plants from them many times, always received good quality healthy plants myself. I have 6 places I order from and wouldn't have hesitated t recommend any of them including pro shrimp

I’ve seen Pro-Shrimp’s plant set up and it’s perhaps not the best. The dry goods and equipment are usually very good and at reasonable prices though.

AG, uses ebb and flow hydroponics so plants continue to grow and stay very healthy. When it comes to planting, plants are in peak health with the best chance of transitioning, or surviving initial submergence.
I didn't know this, will need to investigate further!

Back