• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Precipitation

Yes you can use the remineralising calculator for that as that calculator takes into account your WC volume rather the entire volume of the tank. It also allows you to tweaks things better as it allows you to target hardness and ratio which you can't do in the target calculator of the IFC calculator.
Thank you, and targeting only my WC water is going to be sufficient to target Mg for the plant consumption for the whole tank?
20% of your total NO3/nitrogen target not KNO3. You can see in the screenshot above that the ratio of KNO3 to Urea is 4:1. In other words 80% KNO3 and 20% Urea. To be able to do that you would need to revise your NO3 and K targets and would probably need to also add potassium sulphate to properly target K. It's not advisable to go full bore with urea but rather go with small amounts and often.
OK, got it.

Thank you, and targeting only my WC water is going to be sufficient to target Mg for the plant consumption for the whole tank?
Most welcome. It should be sufficient but you could always add 1-1.5 ppm of Mg in your macro bottle just for the sake of it. It won't change much if you ask me, but I do it because I need to know that everything is as I want it to be.

Last edited:
You can safely front load Ca and Mg because their amount regularly far exceeds plants' consumption.
Most importantly though it has to do with fauna rather than flora. You want your water to have a stable hardness specially if you have invertebrates. That is one of the reasons why, and for at least Ca, that it needs to be front loaded.

It should be sufficient but you could always add 1-1.5 ppm of Mg in your macro bottle just for the sake of it. It won't change much if you ask me, but I do it because I need to know that everything is as I want it to be.
I forgot to add. The first time you remineralize your water you need to use the full tank volume as reference. Subsequent WCs you only use WC volume.

Hi @MichaelJ, yes I’m using CO2 and EI fertilisers. I‘ve recently (last week) gone back to dosing macro and micro separately after mixing my own AIO previously, and am now wanting to start using some Urea.

Back