• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Poorly gourami

IMG_9247.jpeg

Morning,

Is that a Dwarf Gourami?

A better picture and details of any symptoms would be helpful. However, looking at the swollen belly toward the front and then sinking towards the rear, coupled with the front of the head starting to become round I'd suspect iridovirus.
Very common in dwarf gourami and if I'm correct there isn't a great deal you can do to help.

At this early stage, with the limited information given, I agree with JQ and am heading in his direction.

How old is the fish, and can you provide a picture of the whole fish plus any other details + environment etc?

I think John could be right, common name "Dwarf Gourami Disease", its thought intensive breeding at fish farms is the cause, we have a few threads about this, you could try an all round treatment ,quarantine if possible and try esha 2000, Such a shame one of the most beautiful fish in the hobby,

Yes honey dwarf, he’s about a year old I’ve read about it I think is it an inbred virus that can take a long while to come out ?
Tank parameters are stable.
He’s been kept with tetras and shrimp mainly only thing that I can see is my gh is on the high side @ 12, 50% water change once a week feed once a day.

Thanks for your helpful replies
IMG_9021.jpeg

Back