• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Play sand

angelah

Is there any difference between Argos and Amazon play sand please? Has anybody used either?
Must point out that I am disabled so it will have to be delivered wherever it comes from so those charges will come into effect too.
Just want to get the best for the job of covering a sub-substrate suitable for planting in.

Angela

I've used argos' for my purposes it was too fine, see my nano thread and you can see how it looked.

Thanks garuf,
I wanted to use a finer substrate for Corydoras actually, but am happy to look and an alternative if there is one and if you have any suggestions.

Under this layer will be another base for plants roots to bed into and get nutients from. So there is another question, how deep should I cover this with whatever I end up getting in the way of sand.

Angela

I've no real experiance with sand used in this way, I've only ever used it cosmetically, A couple of inches should be plenty deep enough, an inch if shallower, George has been using sand alot recently so hopefully he'll chime in.

An AWOL member of the forum, Andy Coley is a big advocate of sand and he uses play sand and breed corys in it, his journal will probably give some good clues.

Hi Garuf,
and thanks again. Yes, I hope George pops his head round the door and helps out, that would be nice.
I'll check out that Andy's Journal too.

Angela

Back