• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Plastic Fantastic

Re: Drifting - Rescape done for now

Gill, last time i went to Harlestone i was very disappointed with how its been maintained. Tanks seemed dirty, few dying fish etc. It used to be my favourite of the two M.A in Northampton but now im not so sure. Just seemed like they had let themselves go a little bit. This was only with regards the tropicals, not so much their cichlids or salt water tanks as they are their specialities.

Let me know how you think it was as i'll be stocking my new tank soon.

mattb180 said:
Gill, last time i went to Harlestone i was very disappointed with how its been maintained. Tanks seemed dirty, few dying fish etc. It used to be my favourite of the two M.A in Northampton but now im not so sure. Just seemed like they had let themselves go a little bit. This was only with regards the tropicals, not so much their cichlids or salt water tanks as they are their specialities.

Let me know how you think it was as i'll be stocking my new tank soon.

Was Angie still working there, as she always kept the tanks spotless and a Great Variety of all types of tropical fish. A Plus she gives you extra fish once you get to know her.

Took the little one with me earlier to get some Neons. He was so excited to see a whole fish room full of fish. got a group of 10 for now. And they do look very nice swimming around in a tight group.

Quick pick to show how the Hydrocoytle Rannanculus Grows outside the tank. I really Like how it has changed to such a Delicate plant from its Pond Form.
079fq.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Going to MA Shirley tommorrow with the little one In the morning. Anyone been recently ??

Yes they have a lovely huge Alsation, other than that still a disappointment for a store which could have so much potential. Given that the small not particularly impressive MA next door was voted so highly for the W. Midland is really not saying anything great about the choices we have here.

sanj said:
Yes they have a lovely huge Alsation, other than that still a disappointment for a store which could have so much potential. Given that the small not particularly impressive MA next door was voted so highly for the W. Midland is really not saying anything great about the choices we have here.

MMMM it really is dire for us in coventry now. Putting petrol costs into the price, I buy online now.
Was hoping it had improved since i went last year. Will pop over to the one nearer off the A5, as that did have some decent stuff last time.

Only Went to Russells Pets in radford. Bought 4 pygmy cories and 12 more neons. And that is the Fish complete, for now. may add some halfbeaks in the future, Just going to add more shrimp soon. Trimmed the floating plants to allow more light into the tank, and trained some runners to drape over the sides of the tank. I have missed how comical pygmy cories can be, and love how they like to rest on the lotus pads. I saw a few of my amano shrimp in the floating plants and some creamy/yellow colored shrimp that may have been red cherries at some point. They looked a little strange, but nice.
Hairgrass has become nice and thick and the hydrocoytle sp. has weaved its way around the hairgrass making nice clumps of it.

nice to see the Hydro creeping out, it's great to see the plants do this. Any chance of a FTS Gill?

Gill said:
sanj said:

MMMM it really is dire for us in coventry now. Putting petrol costs into the price, I buy online now.
Was hoping it had improved since i went last year. Will pop over to the one nearer off the A5, as that did have some decent stuff last time.

Hi mate, have you been to Dobbies in Atherstone? they have tropica plants and are being kept very well by Steve (ex MA staff) 3 for £10 too! they have a decent sized aquatics part too... I've started using them allot.

Let me know what you think if you go...

Gary Nelson said:
Gill said:
sanj said:

Hi mate, have you been to Dobbies in Atherstone? they have tropica plants and are being kept very well by Steve (ex MA staff) 3 for £10 too! they have a decent sized aquatics part too... I've started using them allot.

Let me know what you think if you go...

LOL, I used to work at Dobbies in Atherstone, but found the selling practices appalling and left. Have never been back, apart from the Christmas display 80% Sale.
If the Same Manager is in charge (Duncan), then no I will not go there.

ianho said:
nice to see the Hydro creeping out, it's great to see the plants do this. Any chance of a FTS Gill?

Thanks, Will try and get some Full tank Shots Today. I have not trimmed the Hairgrass so it is quite high.

Fair enough, was only trying to help - Duncan is not in charge anymore, I have had no problems with them what so ever.... found them very helpfull to be honest...

Gary Nelson said:
Fair enough, was only trying to help - Duncan is not in charge anymore, I have had no problems with them what so ever.... found them very helpfull to be honest...

Well that is good news to hear, that they have changed Managers. Might pop up and have a look around.
I hated the way the way we had to sell setups. And could not recommend other alternatives to what the manager wanted to sell. 5 goldfish for a 5 gallon tank was the worst under him.

sanj said:
Talk about sales over fish welfare. One of the things I hate about the industry. Even otherwise well reputed manufacturers market crappy little tanks for fish that need a tank many times larger if not a pond.

Not going to change anytime soon, atleast the Uk is stricter on animal welfare

Quick pic from the Moby.

Been watching the fish and the Gobies are nipping the Neons tails wuite badly, so may have to remove them.

382361_2671759594948_1284876833_33130809_50369128_n.jpg

Re: Drifting - Quick Pic

ianho said:
Looks nice Gill, very natural. The lily looks ace!

Thanks Ian, Not going to touch it now. Apart from trimming the floating hydrocoytle rannanculus, and lilly pads. Just going to let it grow.

I have Both Types of Tiger Lotus and the Green Stands out more than the red. So will move the red next to the Green so they intertwine. Adding more Cherries this week going and let them breed like mad.

Yes very happy just bought 50 Cherry Shrimp for under £30. will be collecting them this week. Have not had so many shrimp in one tank for a few years, so going to distribute them around my bowls and this tank.

Back