• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Plants to photograph for my book

taistrietman

Expert
UKAPS Team
Hi all,

As some of you may know I'm in the process of publishing my upcoming book, 'Aquatic Habitats - Aquariums Inspired by Nature'. I'm currently sorting out the photos (there are thousands) and I find that I need photos of three plant species which I used for the book but which I no longer have. I was hoping that someone might have a specimen to loan or be able to take a photograph of a specimen (against a white backdrop) that I can then use for the book.
The species are:

Aeschynomene fluitans
Lagenandra nairii
Ludwigia helminthorrhiza

I would be really grateful if anyone was able to help out with any of these plants!

Thanks!

Tai

Hi all,
I'm in the process of publishing my upcoming book, 'Aquatic Habitats - Aquariums Inspired by Nature'.
Something to look forward to.
Aeschynomene fluitans
@Wookii had it in 2022 (picture below) , but I know it is a "boom and bust" plant.
Ludwigia helminthorrhiza
@shangman had this, but the same may apply?
41489b24-2f87-446a-80ac-98e8fde9ed7d-jpeg.jpg

Lagenandra nairii
I going to guess that is a more unlikely find, @greenbliss <"grew it">, but I don't think they visit the forum anymore.

cheers Darrel

Hi all,

Thank you!
Indeed it is, and eventually it disappeared away to nothing. It was also a bit of a pain to deal with, so I don't have it anymore I'm afraid @taistrietman
Thanks for getting back to me on this! I've asked Dan at Wildwoods if there's a chance they can order them in again so I can do the photos :D

@Wookii had it in 2022 (picture below) , but I know it is a "boom and bust" plant.

View attachment 220762

I going to guess that is a more unlikely find, @greenbliss <"grew it">, but I don't think they visit the forum anymore.

cheers Darrel

Hi all,

View attachment 220762

cheers Darrel
Both species were a bit boom and bust for me too, I think that the levels of light they need to thrive are truly tropical. I found L. helminthorrhiza thriving in clearwater streams in the north east of Brazil in 2022 and the weather was pretty much the same as the Sahara...without the cool nights:
1720021347315.jpeg
1720021371641.jpeg
1720021392905.jpeg
1720021411150.jpeg

I sadly don't have any Ludwigia helminthorrhiza or Aeschynomene fluitans any more, they did great in my big tank but had to destroy everything with the Fish TB saga :(

I got both from Wildwoods from Dan, so I'd say he's your man for them! Fingers crossed he can still get them in ... when I finally set up my big tank again I'd really like to keep them again.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Back