• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Planting in vitro plants with ADA Amazonia

Hi all, That sounds a plan.

It may be a humidity issue. f you can keep the humidity really high then the loss of water via the <"transpiration stream"> will be reduced, and this should limit the salt uptake and damage.

cheers Darrel
I just seem to get attacked by a white web-like slime whenever I try to keep things humid...!

If memory serves,Ian Holditch use to have problems growing HC in new ADA soils.Think he came to the conclusion it was due to the ammonia leaching at start up,because retrying after a period of time,it would be successful.
Maybe start a load in propagator,then try again later?

If memory serves,Ian Holditch use to have problems growing HC in new ADA soils.Think he came to the conclusion it was due to the ammonia leaching at start up,because retrying after a period of time,it would be successful.
Maybe start a load in propagator,then try again later?
I've seen quite a few threads where people have failed with hc in ada soils, as Darrel has already said probably fertilizer burn, perhaps flooding and draining the tank regularly to remove excess nutrients will help.
My opinion is ada soils are not really suitable for the DSM because of the excess ferts leeching into the small amount of water in the tank, even in a flooded tank excess ferts can cause problems if you don't keep up with regular water changes

Back