• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Plant question

I want to use the canister as a filtration device, the pump seems to be too weak (maybe just my opinion?

The pump in the Tetratec?

What / how much media do you have in the filter?

I used to have a TT EX700 in my old 60l and it was more than powerful enough, I'm currently using it in a 96l.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have lava, ceramic, media pad with small amount of filter floss and then just media pad..... even without the media the flow is hoooorrrible, just enough to move the water, if I attach the spray bar the water goes down not out... I cleaned everything out, cleaned out and replaced the valves with some non tetratec ones so the flow is good... and still no dice... impellor looks ok, can't be 100% certain...

I just turned the tetratec on and am testing it, i think soomething clicked in it and it's working pretty decent, I'm scared to leave it on when I'nm not at home, so tomorrow I'll turn it on and watch how it goes... i don't have the spray bar on, only a adapter for co2 on the end and then pointed in the correct direction...

The Tetratec should be a decent enough filter size....obviously its not running properly.
The impeller shaft should sit in a rubber housing...check that you have one.
hoggie

Eh? Rubber housing? I can see what looks like a full circle with one straight magnet like looking thing and the bottom has a hole in it and looks like there is a rubber piece... both sides of the impeller have rubbers on it

I believe it's sitting correctly, maybe the impellor needs to be replaced :\ I can see here is a bit chipped off on the magnet, maybe that's the issue? I tried sanding it down a bit (.001mm) to clean up the magnet and smooth it out... working a TAD better, but still not where it should be in my opinion the spray bar is spraying about 15cm when it's open wide.

so my tetratec seems to be working fine now... I just need to find a permenant solution to mount the valves so that they're 100% sealed, that will be a task for sunday....

I got a free spray bar some time ago and have a similar adapter to the one on the left 2nd one from the bottom... not sure what it's for but I attached my co2 hose to it and turned on my filter.the filter has enough pressure now to kick the co2 around in the entire aquarium in tiny enough bubbles that they almost instantaniously dissipate.

viaaqua302parts.jpg

I also have the MK-800 attached which is kicking things around a bit more, I need to test it to see if it's not too much.... atm both the cascade and tt are running, want the bacteria to form in the TT.

I ran out of Micro/Macros so I made a fresh batch, added some more KNO3 to the bach per your suggestion, let's see if the plants get back their health

Seems my plants are coming back to life, the aquarium looks healthier, a lot of the leaves are popping off, I'm assuming it's because of the K deficiency... I will remove the cascade filter Sunday since the tetratec seems to be behaving... I'll probably buy a impellor just to be sure it's not that since I'm relying on the filter to throw around the Co2

Back