• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Plant identification!

Its time for a Wabi Kusa database, might be if you scavange flowgrow you might find it they usualy also show a emersed form. :) It's a stem allright, thats already a filter option..

Still not the wiser...where's the experts when you need them!.....:rolleyes::rolleyes:

You would need a flower for that.. :) At least i'm not the expert, but with determing sp. a flower will narrow down the search extensively.. Most field guides have indexes aimed toward flower color and type rather than leafshape, there must be an obvious reason for that.. I ran around a lot in nature with a pocket field guide. The plantlist was indexed with a little colored dot.. So if i found a plant with a yellow flower i searched the yellow dotted pages.

But it looks like a lanceolate leaf, that's all we have. And leafshape can change while maturing.. Color of leave is always difficult because different parameters can have rather impact on it's color, light and or substrate properties. :)

Whit leafshape you can only narrow it down over several sp. like Hygrophila sp. Pogostemon sp. ludwigia sp, persicaria sp. and a few more looking very simular. Then grow form might help, how the leaves grow on and around it's stem etc. etc.

Mmmmmmmm....Don't think its a Hygro now!
Too small I think!
If it sneaked in from roy theres a good chance that it is. I was there when he bought it and george used it when he did the tank a destination
and I think I've got it in my tank too. I think its hygro lancea mentioned in neil's plant id thread

Back