• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Plant ID please?

Franks

Hi all, I bought this plant a few weeks ago and it came with slightly pinkish tops when small and some BBA! I thought it was Rotala of some sort but now I'm not sure?

It's now impeccable in growth and leaf structure/colour and the BBA has gone and it's 2ft long!

What exact species is it?

Thanks
43e7aac40a03a4630de47ee92918581c.jpg

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Thanks Tim. After looking at Hygrophila, I think this is the 'green' Polysperma species as the deep white leaf veins aren't present but it's reported that under intensive light, the tops tend to turn a slight pink. My tops now being a few inches from the light have started to turn pink.

Thanks for the ID!

Thanks Tim. The Co2 inject and daily fert regime has turned the tank into a monster grower!

I forgot to mention I've also cut and replanted the tops of the Hygrophila back to around 12 inches and within two week it's doubled in size!

Certainly a plant to help ensure tank balance.

Looks like regular hygrophila polysperma. Not really suitable for co2 setups unless you want to trim daily,. :)

Back