• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Plant decay. Help please!

Erberg

Seedling
Hi!
I am new here so please forgive me if I have forgotten any information you’re supposed to present. The tank has been up for about a month since I added new plants and new substrate. This was after a Blackbeard algae problem.

The fish seem to be doing good but the plants not so much. I have holes in a bunch of the leaves. The leaves which don’t have holes are instead thin and fragile. I bought some plants recently, those plants are not as resilient as the plants I brought over from before the remodel.
These plants I can no longer identify but will post the pictures below.

image.jpg
The leaves have fallen of the stem
image.jpg
180 Liter Aquarium
About two months since remodeling(basically new)
3. IMG_3788.png
Had to translate the parameters from Swedish.
The ph in the tank water is much lower. At around 6
Standard internal filter cartridges. With some media bags and sponges of varying roughness.

rio led 150 7-8 hours
Fluval stratum
No co2 dosing
I use this all in one fertilizer which I know is not optimalimage.jpg
Says it’s an all in one fertilizer which I doze once a week.
I have not changed water since reestablishing the aquarium
Plant list + Invitro/Emersed.
Plants:

Alternanthera reineckii (submerged)(bad condition)​

Amazon sword(submerged)(bad condition)
Anubias(doing good)(from previous aquarium)

12. 3 sterbai corydoras
1 angelfish
1 pearl gourami
1 small pleco
2 old priscilla tetras
1 siamese algae eater
2 zebra botias
image.jpg
image.jpg
Thanks for any help!

Hi,
The Crypt Balansae (back left) looks healthy enough, the Sword plants should recover through producing new leaves if they have everything they need, you can remove the large outer dying leaves, that Java Fern wants removing from the substrate and attaching to hardscape along with the Anubias (I think that is one planted in the centre), the stems look like they are past their sell by date and hoping for a full recovery without perfect conditions could be fruitless.
If I was to offer any advice it would be to add a few bunches of fast growing stems, Hygrophila Siamensis 53B and Limnophila Sessiliflora, the ones in the sandwich packs Limnophila sessiliflora - Tropica Aquarium Plants and Hygrophila corymbosa 'Siamensis 53B' - Tropica Aquarium Plants are my go to fast growers (there are others) and in this form should give you better start as opposed to Tissue Culture.
Following the link below will help explain and give you good advice,
Cheers!

Back