• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Placement of in tank atomizer with a HOB

sonicninja

Hi everyone,
I have a small 12 liter nano tank that I’ve started to inject co2 into. I’m using a pressurized soda stream setup with a small atomizer. I’m also using an Eheim Liberty 200 hang on back filter.

Can anyone suggest a better placement of my diffuser? It currently sits on the right side fairly low down with the filter at the rear. Currently a fair amount of bubbles rise straight to the top and the remaining bubbles are only really visible on the right side of the tank. I recently started using this filter for a few reasons but this so far is it’s only drawback.

Other than ‘use a different filter’ does anyone have any suggestions how I can make co2 distribution any better?

Thanks everyone

Keith
f22cfd63c5fafbce4f8a12a6234683d8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Could you explain the advantages of that? I’ve not used one before. Thanks!

It should diffuse CO2 in the water, without extra pumps. Have the water from the flipper exit at the point you HoB pumps water in the tank to improve the amount of CO2 getting in the water column. With a canister filter you can use the cannister to help diffuse CO2, a HoB won't do it i guess.

Thank you, maybe it’s worth a go!

It should diffuse CO2 in the water, without extra pumps. Have the water from the flipper exit at the point you HoB pumps water in the tank to improve the amount of CO2 getting in the water column. With a canister filter you can use the cannister to help diffuse CO2, a HoB won't do it i guess.

Is flipper another word for "co2 ladder"? Just to save confusion.

Yeah I guessed that. I’ve actually moved the atmoizer into the middle of the tank so it sort of hangs under the filter flow. I’ll give this a couple of weeks and see how I go before I purchase a ladder.

Back