• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
I'm away to Malta for the first one but I'm seriously up for flying over to Manchester on the friday evening and helping out for the 2 days in stockport :) Going to look for somewhere to stay near the shop (any help of places near it to stay much appreciated). Might book my flights over the next week ..... just want to know that its 100% on before booking.

Hi Murf, if my daughter is at her mums i may have a spare bed if you dont have any luck with accomodation but theres a travel lodge about 5 mins from it

Hi Murf, if my daughter is at her mums i may have a spare bed if you dont have any luck with accomodation but theres a travel lodge about 5 mins from it

Cheers Alastair, much appreciated :thumbup: ..... I can still go ahead and book the hotel but can still cancel closer to the time if its a go when the time times :)

New Malden - 24th August
AronDip - Walsall (Birmingham) 4 seats

New Malden - 25th August

Stockport - 7th September
LancsRick - West Lancashire, 4 seats

Stockport - 8th September

(Just to add ill prob stop somewhere close to event save too much traveling)

If I had even the tiniest chance to do so I would make the trip from Denmark!
I hope many of you take advantage of this great event to get together and talk shop ;)

Pets @ Home isn't something a generally associate with quality aquarium stuff. Every one I've been to the fish are all infected and the tropica plants plants have all rotted away to leave nothing but a plastic pots with some mouldy mineral wool in it.

Pets @ Home isn't something a generally associate with quality aquarium stuff. Every one I've been to the fish are all infected and the tropica plants plants have all rotted away to leave nothing but a plastic pots with some mouldy mineral wool in it.
Hopefully tropicas and our presence and effort will go someway towards improving the hobby as members of the public will be able to see what can be achieved and see how to do it :) Without these kind of projects there is less chance of encouraging new hobbyists, and in some ways keeping the interest of those already involved.
Nice to get together, catch up and meet some new faces too, these kind of events are few and far between, get yourself along :)
Cheerio,
Ady.

Hopefully tropicas and our presence and effort will go someway towards improving the hobby as members of the public will be able to see what can be achieved and see how to do it :) Without these kind of projects there is less chance of encouraging new hobbyists, and in some ways keeping the interest of those already involved.
Nice to get together, catch up and meet some new faces too, these kind of events are few and far between, get yourself along :)
Cheerio,
Ady.

So out of curiosity is this something pets at home have decided they want doing to improve the interest and custom they get or was it tropicas idea?? And also are the pets at home staff going to be given some intial training/info on plant keeping etc to then offer public sound advice on plant keeping etc??
Oh and will they have a lucky/unlucky dedicated tank maintainer for the whopping 10000 litre tank ha ha. Would be a shame when I nip in their every other week only to see it not looked after properly

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

So out of curiosity is this something pets at home have decided they want doing to improve the interest and custom they get or was it tropicas idea?? And also are the pets at home staff going to be given some intial training/info on plant keeping etc to then offer public sound advice on plant keeping etc??
Oh and will they have a lucky/unlucky dedicated tank maintainer for the whopping 10000 litre tank ha ha. Would be a shame when I nip in their every other week only to see it not looked after properly

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2
In all honesty Alastair, I don't know who's idea it was, but probably a collaboration of both Tropica and Pets@home, I'm sure Mark will be able to she'd more light on it. All I know is I'm looking forward to the event. George was part of a covert overnight operation before, but this seems like a great way of involving hobbyists and potential hobbyists more, getting staff and the public talking and sharing experience, all good IMO.
Cheerio
Ady.

Ok, just realised this is (new malden) 10min from my brothers house by car, and 45-50min walk. So put me down, as can stay at his for the weekend.

Sadly I am out of the country during this period.. but I am sure that this will something to behold.

Please take lots of videos and photos, this will be an amazing experience for all involved.

New Malden - 24th August
Gill - Coventry, will be going by train/coach

New Malden - 25th August
Gill - Coventry

Stockport - 7th September

Stockport - 8th September

What are the fish/inverts going to be.
As can help with sourcing any specific species from malaysia, thailand, singapore, isreal, brazil, czech etc.

Hi everyone.

In the past, Pets at home have had some bad press i know, but Tropica, are working very hard with Pets at home to improve on there Plant quality, and handling facilities. It's a project which has been in the infancy stages for a few years now, and now the fruits are starting to show....or will be at least.

Tropica has a reputation to keep as do Pets at Home, neither are going into this 'blind' so to say. Things are about to improve, however, it's not an overnight, wave wand and magic is preformed. It will take time, but we are confindent, the end user shall see the benafits in time. The 2 large display tanks, are just the start of a colabiration which should prove succesfull in the end.

Regards,

Everyone at Tropica. :)

Honestly I do hope this makes things change with PAH, As the plant stock tanks in coventry are disgraceful. And they routinely throw the plants away once they are covered with algae. And will not let people buy them when they are throwing them away, but will still sell them covered in all kinds of algae from the stock tank.

Let me assure you all, that progress will be made. The ball is rolling.

The Tropica plant care range will be avaible in pets at home store quite soon. Limited to premium fertaliser, Tropica substrate, and the system 60 co2 kits, initially.

Plant stotage will be changing shortly, with ful back up from Tropica in the maintenence and storage of aquatic plants.

Please, lets not let negativity and passed experiences hamper new and exciting times.

Regards,

The Tropica Team.

P.S May i also thank everyone in advance, who plans to come to the 2 events. We're deeply greatful for your support.

Back