• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
I was at the New Malden store today and was speaking to one of the people that work there and they are going to be using the big show marine tank that have there, and changing it to freshwater planted for this project and all the marine fish are going to places like London Zoo, also he said they have changed the date, he was saying its now going to be sometime in September as the store would be too busy over the Bank Holiday weekend, now not sure if all the above is true but thats what this employee was telling me. Anyone got an update if these dates are correct for the New Malden store or is the above correct and they have in fact moved the date?

I will confirm in the next few days.

I've not received any correspondence stating other wise, so take it that the original dates are set. I'll still post with confirmation though.

Mark

Reactions: tim
Hopefully will be able to make one of these.
Sounds epic!

I've seen the outline of these tanks on the floor, Mark! Seems like you'll be putting on your bathing suit!

tumblr_mov3tzlYrv1s8585io1_400.jpg

Attachments

• tumblr_mov3tzlYrv1s8585io1_400.jpg
    tumblr_mov3tzlYrv1s8585io1_400.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 159
I hope the employee I spoke to is wrong and it is still going ahead on the bank holiday weekend, as I got nothing to do that weekend, so would be good for me.

I can confirm that the dates are as suggested in the first post. Nothing has changed.

Mark, would you be willing to start a list in the OP of who is looking to come and from where? We could try and group ourselves up transport wise then :). Especially relevant if there are some Essex guys talking earlier in the thread!

I can confirm that the dates are as suggested in the first post. Nothing has changed.

Thanks Mark, dont know why that employee told me that, if he did not know. Why give the wrong info to people that are interested in attending, if he was unsure. gggrrrr. again thanks for confirming the original dates are correct, glad its the bank holiday weekend as will be able to pop by that weekend. I am popping in to p@h this week for dog food so will see if they are still telling people the wrong dates and put them straight. ;)

If you would like to start a 'list' of names, by all means do so. It could benafit a few of you with regards to transportation.

If you put your name down and dont attend, dont worry. This is not set in stone, but the more help the better.

I've done both arrangments here at Tropica, with wood which has arrived from Malayasia. To say they're big, is an understatment!!!!! Proper Amano style wood on a grand style.

We marked out the dimensions of the tanks on the floor, and i did the arrangments. They now have to be individually marked up and numbered, so i can replicate them identically.

Plant list an placement has also been sorted. be prepared for some major plant splitting!

They're to be pr-soaked, and this will make them heavy...they're heavy anyway, so we need some hands on!!!!!

I'm away to Malta for the first one but I'm seriously up for flying over to Manchester on the friday evening and helping out for the 2 days in stockport :) Going to look for somewhere to stay near the shop (any help of places near it to stay much appreciated). Might book my flights over the next week ..... just want to know that its 100% on before booking.

Ok, here goes with a list then. If you want adding to it, please just post with your approximate location, which date/location you are supporting, and how many seats you have if you're driving (or equally, if you're just looking to grab a lift). I'll have 4 seats free since oddly enough the other half doesn't want to come with me for this one :p.

New Malden - 24th August

New Malden - 25th August

Stockport - 7th September
LancsRick - West Lancashire, 4 seats

Stockport - 8th September
LancsRick - West Lancashire, 4 seats

Back