• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Resolved! password never accepted

Hi Trevor,
sounds like Paulo (LondonDragon) is the man for this. Im sure he will see this and contribute, but what are your issues exactly?
Cheerio,
Ady.

Ok thanks Ady ... you asked for it here goes .apologies..

I have been wanting to get more involved with UKAPS, but my continual password issue puts me off or negates my enthusiasm. I actually registered a year back, but whenever I try and log in and use my current password which I know is correct, it tells me the password is incorrect. I then have to go the ‘forgot password procedure route with the emailing too and fro security thing and then I use this new code to log in for the day. However as soon as I log out this new password is no longer valid the next time I try and log in even just a day later. I then have to yet again go the ‘forgot password’ route and get a new password to log in. I am on other forums, but this issue is a first for me. What makes matters worse is than when I’m logged in with a new password and then try and change this given code to something that I can remember, it won’t let me!

My final torment is that when I try and use the help contact box on the UKAPS home page to discuss this, I’m always informed that my IP address has been used before that day and I need to wait 24 hours ! This has happened several times, hence the plea for help..

Finally perhaps you can refer me to a suitable IT clinic where I can get some kind of counselling to recover from this ongoing trauma :)

mmm, sounds less than ideal :banghead:
Ill let Paulo know, hes the tech man and im sure he'll be able to shed some light.
As for counselling, sit in front of a lovely planted aquascape, breathe slowly, have a cuppa......and reelllaaaxxx (that was for free :), next session £100/hr ;) )
Cheerio,
Ady.

Lol, thanks I will wait to hear from Paulo,

I don't have my PC in my scaping tank room, so you may well be onto something there !

There is an option to stay logged in,so you don't need to enter your password every time you log on.

Thanks, where do I engage this option, can't find it in my preferences. Yesterday it seemed to be engaged this way as when I closed/ exited from UKAPS and then opened it later in the day I was automatically logged in.. alleluia, but not today. So there is a setting/option available that when it reads my IP address it automatically logs on ?

Thanks, where do I engage this option, can't find it in my preferences. Yesterday it seemed to be engaged this way as when I closed/ exited from UKAPS and then opened it later in the day I was automatically logged in.. alleluia, but not today. So there is a setting/option available that when it reads my IP address it automatically logs on ?

Its just below where you put in your password. Theres a box you tick to stay logged in

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks so providing I open up UKAPS from my IP address I will never have to log in again ..now this may well be a day to remember !

Ok just tested with logging off and my password seem to be all ready filled in when I went to log in..hopefully things stays like this.

However the other problem still exists, I want to change my password from the code I was given to use to something which I will remember... however when I do this and put in the same code I was given earlier today.. its says 'Existing password incorrect'. This always seems to be the case :rolleyes:

Sorry guys, I just know we are going to get through these tough times together...

Hi Trevor, I don't recall anyone ever having password issues, the password does not change automatically, are you putting some specially characters in the password? The issues with logging out as people have advised you can click the keep me logged in, but there is still a session time out, if you only visit once a week for example it will ask you to log back in.

Also if you use a private session on your browser it will not save the cookie and will always prompt for the password, if you have any clean up tools that you run on the computer that clears the cookies regularly it will also ask you to login once again, if you have a facebook or twiter account you can use that to login to the forum, just associate your account with the FB/T account.

If future when you use the contact form, in the email field actually provide a valid email address so that we can reply to it ;)

Which device, operating system and browser are you using?

Let me know if you need any further assistance!

Ok thanks for all this,Paulo.

''the password does not change automatically, are you putting some specially characters in the password''
All I do is to copy and paste the code I was given for resetting the password. I'm now wanting to paste this code in again so I can change it to something I can remember..

I have now had to reset my password four or five times, as it does not seem to remember that code from one log out to to the next log in and I would dearly love to change that code to a new password as well.

thanks for the advice on the cookies, I will remember that. I'm not a FB or twitter fan..

Whenever I go to the the contact help box it tells me I can't use this for another 24hours as already used by that IP address lol..did not have the option of seeing the email box, as I was kindly asked to remove myself before that....

I'm using Explorer /Windows XP if that's what you are referring to..

Back