• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Options for 66”x17”x24” tank

Saffa

I’m starting a relatively low tech planted tank. It’s pretty big 66” long 17” wide and 24” deep (aqua oak) . I am going to run co2 and think I need to upgrade the lights I currently have 2x 48” aquasky. I plan on using mostly easy plants but want the option of growing more demanding plants in the future. So would like some suggested lighting options. The tank has glass sliders which need to stay as it has wood canopy lid. The tank is an odd size really as 2x 36” led are too long and a 48” is 18” too short. I presume the 2 x48” aquasky I currently have are not sufficient for demanding plants

Yeah I really need to chat with someone for a while I have so many questions. Wish there was someone local to me. Im kinda all or nothing type of person but I try do my homework first for less headaches later

Co2 consumption is not a big issue I’m shutting down two other large cichlid tanks at the moment 350&450 litres so I’ll be saving some running costs there from heating lights etc. and I can justify my hobby costs as I don’t spend in the pub

Last edited:
Be prepared to use a LOT of CO2, large tanks guzzle up CO2 like it's nothing, my 400 gallon used 10 kg in 6-8 weeks.
Wow 400 gallons that’s bigtime! this tank is 120 US gallon or 100 uk gallons so I’ll be prepared for 2kg every 3-4 weeks that’s no worries

I’ve learnt a lot in only couple weeks but it’s seems I’m only scratching the tip of the iceberg. I’m just working out the fundamentals and basics the fine tuning will come with practice trial and error. I want a good starting point so lots of planning and research at the moment. Thanks for all the help so far, great group here

Back