• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Oliver knott/colombo flora-base ph drop!

aibo82

Hi

I just replaced my substrate with some colombo flora-base which I beleve is manufactured in the same place as nature soil!

When I tested my water using my hagen ph kit its droped to PH6.8 after adding to the tank

Now I added my co2 set-up my PH has shifted further to PH6.0 possibly lower but the test kit dont go lower! now is this safe to put fish in or is something a miss?

My tap water sits at PH 7.5 straight out the tap. According to aquae ssentials the only testing I should be doing is getting my drop checker green and ignoring other stats ph/kh and changing 40% water once a week?

I was worried of a so called PH crash?

Please help

Thanks

This should be fine, you get much larger pH swings in the wild, so nothing to worry about. It stabilizes over time with water changes too, so make sure you keep them up.

If introducing new fish to the tank, do it at a time before the co2 has come on to avoid any massive shock or excess co2 poisoning.

Back