• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Ohko Ocean, now 'Peaks'

Just one thing the peroxide isnt really shrimo friendly. So I will use 12ml per 100L (tank volume) once a week max. Thats the 40vol peroxide. Can use less concentrated peroxide if you have shrimo and dont want to lose them. Also big 50% weekly waterchanges is recommended

I'd been using old h202 which I think had mostly turned into water (i left the cap off over night by mistake a few times)

So I grabbed some new 6% and it fizzed up really good.

As for excel like products, I use dino spit (10% glut, while I think excel is 4%). For the past week I've does a little each morning and swished it around so it doesn't settle as a clump and kill the hc.

in short, gsa is getting better. :thumbup:

Glad to hear that Dantrasy. I have decided to extend my blackout to four days in the SpecV, and then a cleaning with test tube brush, a big R/O water change treated w/ Replenish and a 2x dosing of Excel. Fingers crossed. BTW- baby shrimp in other tank seem to be increasing in number, but I think it's just because they're easier to see now.

Bit of a general question really, and not meant in a critical way at all (love the scape!)
With such a relative low % of plant mass in the tank and the light levels still required to grow the plants won't algae always be an issue in a scape such as this?
Just wondering since I know I would struggle to grow the plants and keep algae at bay.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bit of a general question really, and not meant in a critical way at all (love the scape!)
With such a relative low % of plant mass in the tank and the light levels still required to grow the plants won't algae always be an issue in a scape such as this?
Just wondering since I know I would struggle to grow the plants and keep algae at bay.....

Yes, plant mass is low and always will be. the fixture hanging is 4x24w but I've only run 2 tubes for the past couple of weeks. For now on I intend to only ever run 2 tubes. I'm running a 2 year old aquaflora (the red hue) and a new tropic (aka midday, white hue). Looks like hc trimming will be every 2 weeks. If this doesn't work I'll have to think of a way to raise the lights.

I've spot dosed close to 100mls of 6% h2o2 this past week (around 10mls morning and night). The mini pellia has fried, but i didn't like it anyway. Nothing else seems to have suffered.

This weekend I'll clean the hoses and filter.

Nice progress :thumbup: It will look superb when plants will grow stronger on the stones.

Man... Wonderfull Hardscape!

How do you clean your Red Dragon Stones?

Thanks BB and Jarbas!

To be honest I've been cleaning the rocks a bit with a toothbrush. About 1 hour per week.

I've read the gsa has a 2-3 week life span and it's best to NOT clean it. Just let it run it's course and it will go away by itself. So that's what I'm trying now. It's been 3 days so far.

Back