• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Oase 600 Lily pipe sizes?

That’s a standard filter tubing size, eg
9/12
12/16
16/22

Pond filters may use a step up from the 16/22

Think it means tubing with 16mm internal diameter and 22mm external diameter so tube wall is 3mm thick;)
Top man :) So its 17mm set I will need?
Not sure whether to go for glass or stainless steel. I notice the class ones have the bigger lily shape output, does this help circulation?

Glass looks better but fragile, stainless steel lasts but you see them more.

I would go glass with surface skimmer with SS backup for emergency ;)
The plastic ones that will come with the filter will be back up ;)
I was just looking at the glass skimmer variant and also noticed it last night on youtube in quite a few tanks.
They are a great idea but also stick out in the tank more when you are attempting to minimize hardware in the tank?
The steel ones look good, giving a sort of industrial Chic tech look to the tank but now I'm thinking they will not be as flexible in terms of positioning due to needing the brackets attached to the wall etc.

The plastic ones that will come with the filter will be back up ;)
I was just looking at the glass skimmer variant and also noticed it last night on youtube in quite a few tanks.
They are a great idea but also stick out in the tank more when you are attempting to minimize hardware in the tank?
The steel ones look good, giving a sort of industrial Chic tech look to the tank but now I'm thinking they will not be as flexible in terms of positioning due to needing the brackets attached to the wall etc.

I got the Chihiros ones and they are nice. They dont need brackets and you can turn the outflow, plus you can dismantle it for cleaning which is a very nice feature.

metal-jet-pipe.jpg

I got the Chihiros ones and they are nice. They dont need brackets and you can turn the outflow, plus you can dismantle it for cleaning which is a very nice feature.

metal-jet-pipe.jpg
Many thanks Goncalo.
These are really nice. I like the fact the outflow can be turned, I thought the metal type was fixed.
Had a look at these online. It seems there is no 17mm version?

18mm will be fine. Dip the end of your filter tube in boiling water for a couple of secs and it’ll stretch over.

Check out the ones with a skim attachment. Will suck up all surface film.

18mm will be fine. Dip the end of your filter tube in boiling water for a couple of secs and it’ll stretch over.

I bet the outside diameter of the SS 18mm lily pipes is less than the glass 17mm lily pipes! Has to be when you think about it. Plus an 18mm pipe will have less reduction in the flow also.
As to the shape of the outlet of the lily pipe and it’s effect on the tank turnover! Well that’s a completely different story/effect:crazy:

Cheers mate :)

Back