• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Nymphae micrantha

Simmo

Hi
Please could you tell me if you know where I can buy this plant? Looks interesting but can’t find it in the places I normally buy from👍😀 Thanks!

How big is your tank

Unfortunately, like many plants from Nymphea this plant can get quite large and outgrow even 250L (62g) aquariums. The growth can be limited by frequent trimming and preventing the plant to reach surface for as long as possible. When leaves reach the surface, they are no longer spotted but the normal green color. Of interest in floating leaves is the formation of a new bulb at the tip of the petiole (Photo 7). The small new plant can be separated once the small leaves and roots start to form. Because of this behavior it is very easy to multiply this plant if you have enough space

If allowed to form floating leaves this plant can produce beautiful flowers even in aquariums which last one week or more (Photo 2-6).

Have you looked in pond shops?

Maybe @Christel

Thanks, yeah I did look at a couple of pond shops. I didn’t think it was very big? Looks ok if trimmed. Tank is 71x55x50 200litre

It's fine in a small tanks and I've not found it to get very big in my experience.
Got mine from Ashby Pets and Aquatics via ebay but not seen it for sale there for quite some time now.

Back