• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

newly baught freshwater neon gobies ( stiphodon semoni )

Adam cadwallader

Seedling
Iv recently purchased these beautiful fish settling in beautifully but just wondered from what iv read I have 3 males . Would it be detrimental to the health if I don't get a female? I know they need brackish water to raise the fry but want them to have the most fulfilled life possible any experience or knoledge of this fish would be very welcome.

From what I know of them they need lots of o2, a good amount of flow and I've seen two pair. Clean a decoration covered in algee in a day. I've never seen aggression from any of them. (Worked at a pet store for awhile. They were my favorite fish there.)

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Iv bin feeding mine algae wafers and they seem like they're enjoying them they have nice rounded bellies at the moment similar to my ottocinclus they do have a little bicker now and again but seem to have settled in well fingers crossed how can u tell male and female apart?

I have two airstones with good flow I wouldn't think o2 would be an issue from what iv read bickering between themselves is quite normal tho that's just what iv read? How would u know if they are getting enough to eat?

To me and I'm no expert nor do I pretend to be. But from what you have said. It sounds like they are happy I would just keep doing what you are doing. This is just me and it might be right or it might be wrong. But I try to feed my fish in general a little less then they should eat. I feel it keeps them from letting food just sit on the ground and rot. ( this is the reason I started this. ) they search for it rather than just wait for me to give them more. And I watch and if I feel they need a snack I give them one. I don't starve them. I just don't let them get lazy. Fish in the wild don't get full uninterrupted meals. Opps sorry got alittle off on a rant. Lol. To me sounds like you have happy fish. :)

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

At the moment as they are new and still acclimatising I probably am feeding a little more than I normally do. That said I do so have sterbai corydoras in there and boy are they greedy 1 female is gravid and heavily pregnant so constantly hungry I have 2 stones and a big centre piece of bogwood with moss growing on it as a good site for algae growth obviously they look fine and are acting accordingly but with fish it's hard to tell ? 1 good thing is they seem to be colouring up nicely

How often do you feed?ullavl? From what iv revised the species I have are stiphodon semoni? I have no idea the difference between the two species? When u say shallow do you mean long? They seem to have plenty of personality what food do u feed your?

Where do u get the rapashy soiled green from? Just to let you know your tank is a work of art must av taken a lot of time and effort to get it that picturesque and beautiful impressed.

South wales uk I only have a small tank 95litres I baught a plant glo multi led lamp which I was led to believe was as good as any? What fish do u keep I thaught I could see harlequins in there and a few gobies but ne thing else? I do apologise aswell after more revision I don't have stiphodon semoni but stiphodon atropurpureus lol they are pretty similar mind! Do u use cannister co2 or liquid?

Never heard of dario dario? Or habrosus cories I have sterbai ottocinclus cherry shrimp a betta and 3 gobies. I'm a bit worried about cannister? With liquid u just add the right amount and that's it no risk of poisoning your fish I would be worried about killing my fish with cannister? Is there much of a benefit to the plants and fish?

Back