• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

guinnesshead

Seedling
Hi from Bristol, originally Glasgow. Not new to fish but getting serious about plants after several years. Setting up a 100 gallon tank and looking forward to scanning this forum for some great advice. Been soaking a large piece of Red Moor root in a big tub for a month now, but despite numerous changes of water it still goes milky and root goes slimy! Hope it doesn't take another month by which time I'll be needing it!

Last edited:
Thanks for the warm welcome. I would boil the root if I could find a pot big enough, it's nearly 2 feet a cross!

Ok Tim, I'll do that. I'll sus out the appropriate section and start. Bit thick when it comes to the interweb so please bear with me:)

welcome to the forum from a newer newbie, um, 2' is big, maybe a roasting tin if this root isn't too big in the girth. Biggest problem will be the water changes as it will cool down frequently. Otherwise, you need an old tin bath (like the ones our grandparents may have used) which you may possibly find from a scrap metal merchant or an auction. Just be careful if your home does have a water meter ;). Sorry, my sense of humour doesn't always come across well on a forum..........

Back