• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Newbie needing help!

T1ggerific

Hi new to all this and after some advice, I've noticed what looks like eggs on one of my aquarium plants and wondered if anyone knows what it could be?

Our tank for some reason is a breeding ground for surprises, first bladder snails, then damselfly nymph (did cause me to freak out at first!) Didn't introduce these so obviously came in on the plants 🙄
20230708_165714.jpg

Do you know which type? It's not bladder snail as have seen their eggs and they are in clusters. Have a bit of an infestation going on so got an assassin snail to help out. Could the assasin of laid eggs 🤔
We also have damselfly nymphs! Which we are siphoning out when we water change.
To think this all started from one unexpectedly pregnant guppy 😆

What issues does the wool cause? The guy at the aquarium shop didn't say it had to be removed 😕

Hey @T1ggerific and welcome to UKAPS.

Do you know which type? It's not bladder snail as have seen their eggs and they are in clusters. Have a bit of an infestation going on so got an assassin snail to help out. Could the assasin of laid eggs 🤔

They do look like assassin snail eggs. They’re sort of cube shaped and look like this:

1688843802637.jpeg

What issues does the wool cause?

Harbours crud and really is only a rooting medium for transport. You also remove it to rid any hitchhikers too.

Back