• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Newbie near Gatwick

bonezee

Hi I'm Rob,
Started fish keeping about 16 years ago with a couple of goldfish.
Then one day I walked through a local LFS and saw marine fish and decided to give that a go.
Managed to pick up a juwel rio 180 added an extra external filter and started a fish only salty. After a while I got bored of just fish so invested in an arcadia luminaire and started keeping a soft coral tank.
Then we moved house so to save aggro I shut the whole thing down and didn't keep anything for a while.

Then one day decided to start keeping fish again, but this time I went for Malawi cichlids as I already had the gear tucked away. Did that for a while and was pretty successful with breeding them but it was never enough and I really wanted to do a salty again.
So I sold my gear and bought a Decent sumped tank and lights and went full reef. After a while longer work got slow and my bosses needed to move me back to dayshift which meant a pay drop so had to give up for a few years again

Then about a year ago I started watching the green machine videos on YouTube and thought I could do something like that and it wouldn't break the bank too much.
So here i am 7 months into my new hobby and I have to say that I'm loving it.
I'm running a juwel Lido 120 led(limited space so went for height) with ADA soil and experimenting with lots of different plants.

I'm enjoying so much that I now work Saturday at my local aquatics centre. Which is great for learning new things about the hobby and earning a bit of extra pocket money. The discount is pretty helpful also

So here's a few pics of my latest project Not got any early ones because I stupidly deleted my memory stick without backing up when I changed my phone
Hope you like it?

Attachments

• DSC_0170.JPG
    6.4 MB · Views: 91
  • DSC_0158.JPG
    6.3 MB · Views: 59
  • DSC_0152.JPG
    4.1 MB · Views: 56
  • DSC_0153.JPG
    6.3 MB · Views: 52
Last edited:
Back