• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Newbie in Bromley

Rasbo

Thought I'd say Hi. I was given a Juwel 180 two years ago and now have 7 tanks. The wife is very tolerant but not sure she knows about the other 6 small tanks waiting in the loft! There are Juwel 350, 180, 120 and an old 3ft tank plus 3 small "breeding tanks". All the tanks are planted but I am relying on standard lighting and experimenting with LED strips especially on the small tanks - hence low light plants. Anubias are fine in all the tanks, as are crypts but little else other than vallis wants to play.

The Trigon 350 has been running about 9 months now with a Tesco cat litter substrate which I must say looks great but has caused so many headaches. It is a great planting medium but very light so fish tend to dig up the plants ever so easily. It appears to be high in silicates too as I have had no end of high TDS readings and brown diatoms. Even a large team of ottos makes no inroads. Now on 3rd Rowaplus which with feeding Seachem Nitrogen seems to have finally stabalised things. Anyone else had this experience?

My aim is not a fantastic show tank just a foil for the plethora of small fish, rasbora, danio etc.

Back