• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Newbie co2 issues.

Anthony89

Yester day I setup my co2 system after getting the bottle filled at the weekend. Set timers. Set bubble rates. Solenoid turned off when it was supposed to etc. My solenoid timer is set for 2pm and off at 9pm .

I came home from work today and I had no co2 entering the tank, no bubble rate, and both pressure gauges had drop to zero. I turned the handle for the cylinder slightly more open and both gauges shot back up to 55psi for cylinder and 1 bar for working pressure. Bubble rate was spot on to what I had set it at yesterday. Does anyone know what could be my problem?

Being a new co2 user im not totally clued up with it all yet. Everything seemed perfectly fine last night .

Thanks guys.

No. Herw it is.

20130622_115410.jpg

Ok will do that. I only turned it a tiny bit until the gauges went up. Will that be the problem?

Yes as what is happening there is not enough gas getting through. Im sure there are folk on here that will explain it better than me but with the main bottle tap only open a little you are not getting enough gas to your regulator. It will show full pressure but then as the bubbles start to flow you are basically using the CO2 quicker than it can get out the bottle!

I had mine, Once the gauges are on I turned the big red tap fully open, this gives 55 bar at the reg then slowly open up the regulator to give 2-3 bar outfeed pressure then set the flow control to give the desired flow rate. once its all about right you may have to just adjust the regulator to get the outfeed pressure stable.

Thanks rich. Opened the tap up now. Ive lefr working pressure at 1 bar as im using a ceramic diffuser. Will see how its doing when I finish work tomorrow.

Back