• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

New Year, New Scape...

This will look great, your iwagumi looks incredible and I appreciate the thought behind hardscaping with maintenance and flow in mind, something I always considered more in my non planted tanks. In particular I have to have access around all glass panes, with the exception of the rear. I don’t like wood touching the sides as I like to be able to clean the internal glass without obstruction or fear of moving hardscape.
The detailing rocks and grading stones look so natural but I always found them a pain during maintenance so tend to stay away from the smaller stones myself.....but that is because I am lazy :lol: aesthetically they offer a lot.
Your first tank image was also stunning :clap:
Following this for sure.
Cheerio

Thanks @Ady34

I hope your fish are on the mend mate. Watchful waiting is really hard to do but I sometimes wonder if we can make things worse by changing too much (temp etc...) then medicating.

Cheers.

Thanks @Ady34

I hope your fish are on the mend mate. Watchful waiting is really hard to do but I sometimes wonder if we can make things worse by changing too much (temp etc...) then medicating.

Cheers.
Thanks, yeah I agree, once I saw an improvement in the fish I decided to leave alone for now and monitor.

Couldn’t stop once I got started :lol:

upload_2019-1-26_14-9-48.jpeg

Hardscape is fixed now @Kezzab I’m planting up as we speak. You could put an angry cat in there and it wouldn’t budge the hardscape.

I get what you mean. It was one of the aforementioned concessions made to ensure good access and to prevent Co2 from misting over hardscape.

I’ll let the plants do the talking over the next few months. They should more than make up for the horizontal ‘gaps’.

*doesnt check up on this journal over the course of 3 days*

*STONES CRUSHED, TANKS FILLED, PLANTS ADDED, EXTREME PLANT GROWTH, FERTILIZERS XTREME!!!!*

Side note, whats your stocking plans? think some angels would look good in there. Was thinking specifically koi angels. maybe 4-6 of them. With a side of neon tetras... maybe, 15-20 of them.

Thats all the ideas i got im worn out LOL

:lol: Got sidetracked @DutchMuch

Already got stock to go in. They’re dispersed across five other tanks at the moment.

Surface:

Marbled Hatchetfish

Mid water:

Green Neons
Celestial Pearl Danios

Bottom:

Sterbai Cory’s

Also:

Otto’s
Amano’s
Nerites
Cherry Shrimp

You’ll notice that on all the scapes I do that when you drain the water right down it’s designed so everything drains into a closed area for easy netting.

The iwagumi setup is steep so everything ends up at the front and this scape all the stock end up stuck in the sanded area.

Hardly original but a useful idea if you change up or move fish around with any regularity.

You’ll notice that on all the scapes I do that when you drain the water right down it’s designed so everything drains into a closed area for easy netting.
your an absolute genius.

i am facing a huge problem over the last year.

i have always wanted to empty my tank of its stock, but i cant because its FLAT. and all the nano fish (everything) just sit there in the plants and in order to unstock it all id need to empty the entire tank painfully.

I’ve been called many things around here lately @DutchMuch but genius isn’t one of them. Turns out the tipping point for my long suffering wife is five aquariums :lol:

They’re a temporary measure... (He keeps saying to himself)

One week and a day.

Everything ticking along nicely:

Cryptocoryne Pygmaea
Cryptocoryne Wendtii ‘Green’
Cryptocoryne Undualtus ‘Red’
Cryptocoryne Usteriana
Cryptocoryne Cruspatula
Valisnaria Nana
Lagenandra Meeboldi ‘Green’
Bucephalandra Biblis
Bucephalandra Thei
Bucephalandra Green Velvet
Bucephalandra Wavy Green

Bolbitis Heudelotii
Fissidens Fontanus

upload_2019-2-2_9-48-46.jpeg

Lights ramped up a little each day and Co2 dialled in to match. Expect the crypts will burst into action around week four. Plenty more Bucephalandra and Bolbitis to go in eventually but holding off to keep even light penetration to the substrate for now.

Looking forward to some floor to surface growth :)

Back