• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

New Setup - Thoughts on substrate plans

martins8585

Hi - so four months into the hobby the second tank has arrived.......

The 1st tank is doing well but with hindsight and knowledge gained (including from the knowledgeable members of this forum!) I'm going to try to do a better job with this one.

My plan is:

1. Looking to add more height and interest (the 1st one was a little flat) I'm planning on a base layer of plain 6- 8mm gravel mixed with left overs including Colombo Nutribase, sand and fine gravel from the 1st set up and use this to add height where required

2. A layer of Tropica Plant Growth

3. Topped with 6 - 8cm of Tropica Aqaurium Soil

The tank is 90cm x 60cm x 52.5cm and I'll be planting easy to growth plants with two fluval aquasky lights. with no CO2.

Are there any flaws in this plan or areas for improvement?

Regards
Martin

hi martin, i started 3 months ago, it s cool you are already starting a 2nd tank, i want to do the same, I am really having lots of luck with easy growing plants, i started with plant growth substrate topped off with mano base. i seen a video on tropical soil and it compares to the top stuff out there according to the video. good luck with your new tank, make sure you post updates

Back